IVF, IVF Success Rate, Infertility Treatment, IVF Centre
IVF success rates depend on a number of factors, some are within your control, others are not. However, it’s important to understand the factors involved in individual IVF success rates and to have realistic expectations when beginning IVF treatment. The choice of best IVF centre also plays an important role.
Women with the best chance have a per-cycle IVF success rate of 40%. Most women have a per-cycle IVF success rate of more like 20-35%. These percentages should help set your expectations going into IVF and help you feel better if your first round of IVF doesn’t work.
The success rate of IVF clinics depends on a number of factors including reproductive history, maternal age, the cause of infertility and lifestyle factors. It is also important to understand that pregnancy rates are not the same as live birth rates.
Success Rates of IVF:
41-43% for women under age 35
33-36% for women ages 35 to 37
23-27% for women ages 38 to 40
13-18% for women ages over 40.
For a quick workup of what your success rate might be, there are a number of online calculators that estimate your chances of IVF success using basic personal information. IVF predict and IVF success rate are two such calculators.
Here are some of the factor that determines success rate:
1. Maternal Age:One of the first questions asked of women considering infertility treatment as IVF is, “What is your age?”. This is because IVF success rates have been shown to decrease with age, and infertility experienced by women over the age of 35 brings a number of additional factors to consider.
2. Previous Pregnancy: Likely, the second question a clinic asks will relate to any previous pregnancies and/or how long you have been trying to get pregnant.
A history of miscarriage can affect the success of IVF, as can previous births and/or a different partner. How long you have been trying may also speak to possible fertility issues. Tracking your fertility journey with apps such as the Ela fertility app can be a helpful way to prepare for IVF and to provide your doctor with the most information possible.
3. Types of Fertility Issue: Determining if you or your partner have any fertility issues can be a big indicator of whether IVF, an infertility treatment will work for you, and which additional reproductive technologies may be necessary to improve your chances of success. Blocked or damaged fallopian tubes, ovulation disorders, genetic disorders, and male infertility can be overcome with IVF, but identifying these factors is key to effective treatment.
4. Use of Donor Egg:Good egg quality and the age of the donor are significant considerations for IVF. If you're over 40, using donor eggs from younger women can increase the success rate of IVF. Also, fresh donor egg sees higher success rates than frozen eggs usage in infertility treatment.
5. Lifestyle: Weight and the history of smoking can both effects IVF success rate. Being overweight may influence the medication needed to be successful with IVF and may influence the women's egg quality. Smoking also diminishes egg quality and can disrupt ovulation and fertilization.
6 Clinic Choice:The last factor in the likelihood of a successful IVF procedure is your clinic choice or best IVF centre choice. Some clinics claim higher success rates than others and charge accordingly. However, higher success rates could be associated with only taking on patients with the most optimal chances of success, or having a smaller patient population overall.
Laparoscopy a type of Minimally Invasive Surgery (MIS), is a surgical diagnostic or therapeutic procedure that is used to examine the organs inside the abdomen especially the female reproductive system with an aid of a camera. It is advantageous over traditional open surgery as it allows rapid recovery, less pain, smaller scars and a much lesser hospital stay compared to a normal Surgery.
The cost of IUI treatment in Lucknow varies from Rs. 8,600 to Rs.34,000 including the expenses of medications and disposables. IUI procedure cost usually varies with the experience of the doctor and amount of medications required. Welcare Hospital and Javitri Hospital provide IUI treatment at affordable costs.
With modern advances in Medical treatments, donor eggs are being used with no negative impact for a successful ART treatment in case of couples. The success rates of IVF treatment with donor eggs increases to even more than 75% which is much higher as compared to self egg IVF of 41%.Even the success rate for surrogacy treatments increase to more than 95% with donor eggs.
IVF treatment involves the usage of IVF injections and medications for multiple egg growth and development. But these IVF injections might lead to some side effects including higher risks of multiple births, blurred vision, hot flashes, changes in cervical mucus, increased chances of ovarian hyper stimulation and ectopic pregnancies.
Artificial insemination is a procedure, which involves a series of steps followed by a female trying to have a baby. It including steps such as collecting semen in a jar, waiting for the semen to liquefy, loading of semen into the syringe after liquefaction, inserting the syringe into the uterus and releasing the semen out of it into the uterus.
IVF procedure takes around 6-8weeks from start to finish. The week 1 involves basic consultation and diagnosis. Week 2 to Week 4 involvesregularization of cycles and suppression of ovaries.Week 5 and 6 involves consumption of fertility medications to stimulate ovaries and for monitoring visits. Week 7 includes egg retrieval, fertilization and transfer of embryos.
Total Cost for Laparoscopic surgery varies between Rs. 33,500 to Rs. 44,200 depending upon the clinic or the extent of corrective treatment required during the procedure. Laparoscopic surgery takes from 20 minutes to 2 hours depending on the criticality of the treatment. Laparoscopic surgery is majorly used to treat problems of the female reproductive organs.
IUI (intra uterine procedure) is a fertility procedure, which involves the insertion of sperms into the uterus to fertilize the eggs. IUI treatments are not painful as all. But it may lead to mild abdominal cramps or discomfort during the procedure. If IUI is medicine assisted, then one may experience side effects of fertility drugs such as nausea or vomiting.
Male infertility can be diagnosed successfully with the help of a procedure called semen analysis. Semen analysis test includes evaluating the semen characteristics on many parameters including semen volume, sperm count, sperm motility, progression, pH value, sperm morphology, fructose level and liquefaction time.
Sperm donation is a process in which a man donates his sperms to be used in the artificial insemination of a female who is not his sexual partner. In India, Sperm donors are paid between Rs. 500 to Rs. 2,000 depending on the physical features, built, sperm health as well as qualifications of the respective sperm donor.
Find the list of best IUI Centres in Lucknow along with their ratings, success rates, services, IUI package cost as well as location of best centres. Welcare Hospital and Sarthak Test Tube Baby Center rank among the top IUI Centres in Lucknow because of their low treatment costs and high success rates.