Find the list of best surrogacy doctors in India who offers the best treatment with the highest success rate. The list has been categorized on the basis of doctors fame, experience, reviews, ratings, and cost. Dr. Mohit Saraogi from Saraogi Hospitals and IRIS IVF Centre and Dr. Kaberi Banerjee from Advanced Fertility Centre top the list of the best surrogacy doctors in India.
Semen Analysis is performed to find out sperm count and sperm motility for determining male infertility treatment. Semen analysis test reveals various other factors such as pH value, semen volume, and fructose level which lead to infertility in men. This test is useful for IVF ICSI, IUI treatment.
Let’s Discuss in More Details About Role of Semen Analysis in male Infertility Evaluation:
- What Is Semen Analysis?
- What Is the Procedure for Semen Analysis?
- How Does Semen Analysis Help in the Male Infertility Treatments?
- What Are the Causes of Low Sperm Count in Men?
If you are trying to conceive a baby for a long time, maybe more than a year, then it is the right time to visit an infertility specialist because any one of the partners or both of the partners may have fertility issues. If we talk specifically of male fertility issues, well it can be diagnosed with the help of a semen analysis test. Semen analysis test is a thorough test report on the male’s semen sample. The results of the test include various sperm parameters measurements and also whether these parameters lie in the range or not. The cost of a semen analysis test in India can vary from Rs. 250 to Rs. 800 depending upon the laboratory. Earlier the problems are detected; the easier it becomes to treat the infertility problem. Find here a detailed description of the semen analysis along with its procedure and requirements.
As the name suggests, semen analysis is the analysis of the semen, which is a male reproductive fluid. Sperms are found in semen. With the advancement in the medical industry, it is possible to evaluate semen on various accounts to test its quality and quantity. Before we go into much detail, it is important for you to know some of the basics of the semen present in the body of a man.
Semen consists of sperms, seminal fluid, enzymes and fructose. Most common parameter tested during semen analysisis male’s sperm count. The sperm count is said to be normal when the count is between 15 million per millimeter to more than 200 million per millimeter. Low sperm count is declared when the sperm count is less than 15 million per millimeter. It can be also said that a man has low sperm count when the count of the sperms in less than 39 million per ejaculate. If your doctor provides you the report, which shows that you have low sperm count, then it is essential that you get the required male infertility treatments done on time without any kind of delay.
If you have a borderline low sperm count, then you can conceive naturally too. But if you are trying for long and nothing is working out, probably it’s the time to start the treatment. Sperm analysis test report helps you to find the reasons behind your infertility.
Before you start with the semen analysis procedure, it is important that you know the basic steps, which are followed during semen analysis procedure.
- First of all, you need to consult your gynecologist regarding the semen analysis procedure. You should get it done only when your doctor suggests this test.
- Semen analysis test can be done in the clinical laboratories or diagnostic centres.
- Semen sample collection is a crucial step, which you need to focus on. The collection of the sample is done in different ways depending on the suggestion of the doctor.
- Your doctor can ask you to ejaculate and release semen in a container in a private room or special area in the doctor’s office. Here, the doctor and the staff make it a point that you do not feel uncomfortable and can release semen with the help of masturbation. The sample is collected in the collection cup which ensures that the doctor can have the semen in the required condition.
- Another way of collecting semen is that you are asked to ejaculate at home and bring the semen in a collection cup to the doctor’s office within a time period of 24 hours. During this time, it is essential that you preserve the semen at room temperature.
- Before the step of semen collection, your doctor will ask you to ensure that you do not have sex or even masturbate for a time period of at least 3-5 days. This helps in keeping the sperm count at high levels at the time of masturbation for collecting the semen sample.
If you and your wife are trying to have a baby from a long period of time, then semen analysis is one of the medical tests that will help you to understand where the cause of infertility lies.
Several findings related to the sperms of a man are revealed with the help of a semen analysis procedure. Some of them include—
1- Sperm count
Sperm count > 15 million/ milliliter is said to be normal. If the sperm count is <15 million/ml, then it is known as Oligospermia.If the semen sample has nil sperm count, then this condition is known as Azoospermia. In this case, the male partner requires to undergo TESA treatment.
2- Sperm Shape (Morphology)
Sperm shape is a crucial aspect, which also decides the health of the sperm of a man. In the laboratory, a shape of the sperm is determined with the help of evaluation of parts like the sperm head, mid-section as well as the tail of the sperm. If more than 50% of the sperm count has a normal shape, then it is considered to be normal. If abnormally shaped sperms are more than 50%, then you need to go ahead with the necessary infertility treatment.
3- pH value
Sperm needs to have a pH between 7.2 to 8.0 pH so as to ensure a healthy reproductive system. If it is more than this level, it indicates that the male has an infection. If the results are lesser than this range then it indicates that there is a defect in the ejaculatory duct.
4- Movement of the sperm (Sperm Motility)
This is one of the most important aspects, which determine the success of sperm to combine with the eggs and lead to the formation of a baby. At least 50% of the sperms need to start in a normal way after an hour of the ejaculation for the normal sperm motility.
5- Semen volume
As per WHO, 1.5 ml is the lower cut off for semen volume. A low volume of semen can be a result of partial or complete blockage of seminal vesicles or even congenital absence of seminal vesicles.
6- Fructose Level
- A fructose level of 13 micromol/sample is considered to be normal.
- A level lower than this can indicate a blockage or a complete absence of seminal vesicles.
7- Liquefaction Time
According to NICE Guidelines, a liquefaction time of <60 mins is considered to be normal. It is the time taken by the semen to liquefy.
In this way, the semen analysis test reveals some of the most crucial aspects related to the sperms.
Low sperm count occurs in a man due to the following reasons:
- Occupational stress
- Unhealthy lifestyle
- Regular alcohol consumption
- Emotional stress
- Obesity for a long period of time
- Sperm testing issues
- Tobacco use
- Infections in the prostate and testicles
- Exposure to radiation
- Hormonal imbalance (mainly testosterone is affected)
- History of Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Thus, the semen analysis procedure is one of the best solutions, which you need to opt for if you are looking for a way to find out your fertility levels. This will help you in knowing your chances of a successfully fathering baby. Also, learn the ways to improve sperm count and fertility naturally. You can call at +917899912611 for any fertility assistance.
SOURCES AND REFERENCES:
1. 7 must do things to opt for while trying to get pregnant - how to get pregnant? trying to conceive, Elawoman - 2017
2. Low sperm count - causes, sperm analysis test, male infertility treatments sperm count, Elawoman - 2017
3. Male infertility treatment with nux vomica - dosage and uses male infertility treatments, Elawoman - 2017
4. What are the benefits and side effects of masturbation? - know them in detail ejaculate and release semen, Elawoman - 2017
5. 12 significant ways of increasing sperm motility - improve sperm quality naturally sperm motility, Elawoman - 2018
6. 9 factors which affect sperm motility, count, and quality - how to deal with each? Low sperm count, Elawoman - 2017
Was this page helpful?
Leave a Comment
Thanks for your Comment.
It will go live post Approval.
The information displayed on this webpage covers general information on several medical conditions, fertility treatments, IVF ICSI, surrogacy procedure, home remedies, and their respective treatments. The exclusive purpose of the displayed information is for the sake of general understanding and it has been collected from open sources which heavily rely on research and laboratory tests. However, the information shared here should not be considered as a medical advice or an alternative to consultation with a registered medical practitioner or licensed healthcare professional.
It is not advised to self-diagnose or treat any medical condition or disease following the information given in this article. We insist you to consult a registered practitioner and never try to replace their advice or discontinue treatment in between by relying solely on the information obtained. External links to different websites as well as videos given on the website serve the purpose of sharing knowledge only. Ela being an Independent Medical Information platform is neither responsible nor guarantees the authenticity, reliability, and accuracy of these videos and websites in any way. We do not intend the information displayed here to be used for a medical emergency, if you seek medical attention for yourself (or any other person with whom you want to share the information with), we advise you to directly get in touch with the hospital or the doctor.