In-vitro Fertilization (IVF) is one of the most sought after fertility treatments today. When a couple chooses IVF treatment or IVF procedure or test tube baby for conception, it affects both the partners physically and emotionally. While chances of conceiving during the first cycle of treatment highly depends on the reproductive health and other psychological factors, there are a few things that you can do to improve your chances of conceiving.
1. Prepare yourself for IVF: It is essential to prepare yourself for the roller coaster that the process is going to be. Note the date when your period starts, the number of days it lasts, and anything else regarding your menstrual cycle (at least for three months before starting the treatment). Though keeping a track of the dates is quite a task, you can rely on the Ela App to do it for you. Knowing your predicted period dates makes the process much easier. If you're facing difficulties in conceiving, tracking your cycle is important.
2. Avoid stress: At times stress gets the better of you. However, major lifestyle changes must not be made during the treatment, like moving to a new house, starting a new job or switching careers, going on a diet etc. Extra stress during this period can be harmful. Just try to avoid stress when going for IVF. High levels of stress affects fertility in both men and women, and increases the risk of a failed IVF.
3. Eat right always:Prior to going ahead with the fertility treatment, it is necessary to shift towards a healthier diet in order to boost your chances of conception. Nutritious food is vital for producing healthy matured eggs. Eat a well-balanced diet. Your diet should consist of four to six small meals each day, and each meal should include some complex carbohydrates with fresh fruits and vegetables. Complex carbohydrates are important during conception as it provides the cell with the required energy and nutrition.
4. Drink lots of fluids:This is not just to flush out the toxins from your body but to deal with some side-effects of IVF treatment or IVF procedure or test tube baby. Some women suffer from OHSS (Ovarian hyper stimulation syndrome) due to the medications injected during IVF treatmentor IVF procedure or test tube baby. This leads to painful and swollen ovaries. Drinking three to five litres of water can prevent OHSS to some extent and relieve the pain.
5. Avoid consuming alcohol: Regular consumption of alcohol, even in small amounts, can reduce a woman’s chance of conceiving by more than 50 percent. So, why take a chance? Avoid alcohol when you're trying to conceive.
6. Avoid caffeine in any form: Having five or more cups of coffee per day doubles the chances of miscarriage. The same happens if you take caffeine from other sources like soft drinks, aerated fruit juices and sports drinks.Hence, it is advisable that women must avoid caffeine intake when trying to conceive.
7. Pamper yourself:It’s important to balance your life and stay away from any kind of stress. You need to maintain a good equilibrium between your IVF treatment and life with positive activities that help you relax. Read a book, talk to your partner, indulge in a hobby or just take a stroll in your garden. Just do anything that helps you to take your mind off the emotional rollercoaster that you're going through.
8. Communicate with your doctor:An in-depth conversation with your doctor is vital for IVF treatment or IVF procedure or test tube baby. Don't hesitate to pick up your phone and dial his/her number. Discuss your discomforts as well as fears.
9. Keep plan B ready: In case your first attempt at IVF is not successful, don't lose hope. You can always opt for a second IVF treatment or IVF procedure or test tube baby or go for an egg donor. Always have a Plan B in your pocket.
To know about the IVF procedure, read IVF Procedure In Six Steps.
Traditional Surrogacy is where the surrogate mother is the biological mother of the child because she uses her own egg that is fertilized by the intended fathers sperm. While in Gestational Surrogacy the woman carries the embryo of the intended couple through IVF process and is not biologically related to the child. She just acts as a carrier.
IUI costs in Delhi with highest success rates starts from Rs.10000 and goes up to Rs. 35000. The costs vary on the basis of the quality of treatment provided and thus have a direct implication on the success rates of the treatment. However, it is to keep in mind that, IUI costs in Rupees in Delhi may vary as per the type of IUI performed. For natural cycle IUI, the cost is minimum, however, for Induced Cycle IUI (medicine induced), IUI costs in rupees in Delhi starts from Rs. 18000and goes up to Rs.35000.
IUI costs in Kolkata range between Rs. 10,500 to Rs. 37,750 including medicines and disposables. The cost varies based on experience of the gynecologist, history of past successful cases, reputation and quality of medication and treatment used. It also varies based on type of IUI, whether its natural cycle IUI or its Induced Cycle IUI.
The ovulation calculator might not be enough to track your cycle. B...
BBT chart is a type of ovulation calculator or fertility calculator...