Are you going for the ivf treatment or ivf procedure. There are top 9 important things that you need to know before you go for the test tube baby or ivf treatment
In-vitro Fertilization (IVF) is one of the most sought after fertility treatments today. When a couple chooses IVF treatment or IVF procedure or test tube baby for conception, it affects both the partners physically and emotionally. While chances of conceiving during the first cycle of treatment highly depends on the reproductive health and other psychological factors, there are a few things that you can do to improve your chances of conceiving.
1. Prepare yourself for IVF: It is essential to prepare yourself for the roller coaster that the process is going to be. Note the date when your period starts, the number of days it lasts, and anything else regarding your menstrual cycle (at least for three months before starting the treatment). Though keeping a track of the dates is quite a task, you can rely on the Ela App to do it for you. Knowing your predicted period dates makes the process much easier. If you're facing difficulties in conceiving, tracking your cycle is important.
2. Avoid stress: At times stress gets the better of you. However, major lifestyle changes must not be made during the treatment, like moving to a new house, starting a new job or switching careers, going on a diet etc. Extra stress during this period can be harmful. Just try to avoid stress when going for IVF. High levels of stress affects fertility in both men and women, and increases the risk of a failed IVF.
3. Eat right always: Prior to going ahead with the fertility treatment, it is necessary to shift towards a healthier diet in order to boost your chances of conception. Nutritious food is vital for producing healthy matured eggs. Eat a well-balanced diet. Your diet should consist of four to six small meals each day, and each meal should include some complex carbohydrates with fresh fruits and vegetables. Complex carbohydrates are important during conception as it provides the cell with the required energy and nutrition.
4. Drink lots of fluids: This is not just to flush out the toxins from your body but to deal with some side-effects of IVF treatment or IVF procedure or test tube baby. Some women suffer from OHSS (Ovarian hyper stimulation syndrome) due to the medications injected during IVF treatment or IVF procedure or test tube baby. This leads to painful and swollen ovaries. Drinking three to five litres of water can prevent OHSS to some extent and relieve the pain.
5. Avoid consuming alcohol: Regular consumption of alcohol, even in small amounts, can reduce a woman’s chance of conceiving by more than 50 percent. So, why take a chance? Avoid alcohol when you're trying to conceive.
6. Avoid caffeine in any form: Having five or more cups of coffee per day doubles the chances of miscarriage. The same happens if you take caffeine from other sources like soft drinks, aerated fruit juices and sports drinks.Hence, it is advisable that women must avoid caffeine intake when trying to conceive.
7. Pamper yourself: It’s important to balance your life and stay away from any kind of stress. You need to maintain a good equilibrium between your IVF treatment and life with positive activities that help you relax. Read a book, talk to your partner, indulge in a hobby or just take a stroll in your garden. Just do anything that helps you to take your mind off the emotional rollercoaster that you're going through.
8. Communicate with your doctor: An in-depth conversation with your doctor is vital for IVF treatment or IVF procedure or test tube baby. Don't hesitate to pick up your phone and dial his/her number. Discuss your discomforts as well as fears.
9. Keep plan B ready: In case your first attempt at IVF is not successful, don't lose hope. You can always opt for a second IVF treatment or IVF procedure or test tube baby or go for an egg donor. Always have a Plan B in your pocket.
To know about the IVF procedure, read IVF Procedure In Six Steps.
Find here the list of best IVF centres in Indiaon the basis of their Rating, Success Rate, Services and IVF package costs. Aveya IVF and Surrogacy Centre (Delhi) and Advanced Fertility and Gynecology Centre top the list because of their unique pricing system, popularity and high success rate.
Find here the list of best gynecologists in Chennai on the basis of their Rating, Consultation Fee and Services. Dr. Meenakshi Sundaram and Dr. C Geetha Haripriy a top the list of such gynecologists in Chennai due to their unique pricing system and reputation.
Find here the list of best gynecologists in Bangalore on the basis of their Rating, Consultation Fee and Services. Dr. Shobha Venkat and Dr. Prakash Kini top the list of such gynecologists in Bangalore due to their unique pricing system and reputation.
The ovulation calculator might not be enough to track your cycle. B...
BBT chart is a type of ovulation calculator or fertility calculator...