About one third of fertility issues are due to male infertility. While IVF and IUI have almost driven it to non existence, here are causes of male infertility.
Infertility affects approximately 1 out of every 6 couples. An infertility diagnosis is given to a couple who are unable to conceive over the course of one year. When the problem lies with the male partner it is referred to as male infertility. Male infertility factors contribute to approximately 30% of all infertility cases, and male infertility alone accounts for approximately one-fifth of all infertility cases.
Main Causes of Male Infertility:
1. The most common causes of male infertility are related to sperm — usually problems with sperm count and the quality of that sperm. Sperm-related problems include:
a- Low sperm count
b- Sperm thatdon’tmove quickly enough — they die before they reach the egg
c- Sperm thatarenot formed correctly
d- Seminal fluid that is too thick — sperm can’t move around in it very easily
e- No sperm
2. Another cause of male infertility is a problem with ejaculation. In some cases, tubes inside the male reproductive organs are blocked. If so, you may have a hard time ejaculating, or nothing comes out when you have an orgasm. Sometimes, the ejaculation goes backward from the prostate into the bladder instead of out of the body.
3. In some cases, there is no known reason for someone’s infertility. This is called unexplained infertility. This can be a very frustrating diagnosis. But even if you are diagnosed with unexplained male infertility, you still have treatment options to consider.
Male Infertility Treatment options include:
3- Hormone Treatment
4- If a man’s spermarenot able to fertilize an egg, donor sperm can be used.
Two of the most Common Treatments are:
1. Intrauterine Insemination (IUI): Semen is collected from a man. A procedure called “sperm washing” is done to separate the healthy sperm from the rest of the semen. A health care provider puts the sperm directly into the uterus. This puts the sperm closer to the egg. It cuts down the time and distance sperm
A health care provider puts the sperm directly into the uterus. This puts the sperm closer to the egg. It cuts down the time and distance spermhaveto travel to reach an egg.
2. In Vitro Fertilization (IVF):A woman takes medication to make several eggs ripen. A health care provider removes the eggs. Semen that has been collected from a man is put together with the eggs in a lab. After some eggs have been fertilized, one or more of them is put into the uterus. Pregnancy happens if one or more of them implant in the wall of the uterus. Especially to counter male infertility issues, ICSI & IMSI techniques are used to improve the chances of conceiving.
Your healthcare provider can help you figure out what treatments may work best for you and your partner.
The average cost of Microsurgical Epididymal Sperm Aspiration (MESA) treatment in India varies between Rs. 21,100 to Rs. 33,200. This cost includes expenses pertaining to medication, gynecological consultations, procedure cost, medical tests and administrative charges. It takes around 40 to 45 minutes for a successful completion of MESA procedure.
IVF treatment cost in Ghaziabad ranges from Rs. 100,000 to Rs. 1,91,500 with the inclusion of drugs and medical expenses. IVF treatment cost depends on the clinic, its success rate, type of disposables used and experience of the doctor. Clinics 12 IRS and Dev IVF clinic are among the best hospitals in Ghaziabad offering IVF services at an affordable cost.
The cost of Testicular Epididymal Sperm Aspiration (TESA) treatment in India ranges between Rs. 16,700 to Rs. 51,200. TESA treatment cost varies with the experience of the Andrologist and the infrastructure setup for the clinic. During TESA treatment, a small needle is used to aspirate the sperms out of the epididymis.
Intracytoplasmic Morphologically Selected Sperm Injection (IMSI) procedure cost in Inda varies between Rs. 1,50,000 and Rs. 2,76,000. The cost of IMSI procedure depends on the experience of the gynecologist, success rate of the treatment and infrastructure of the Fertility clinic or centre.
Intracervical Insemination (ICI) is an artificial insemination procedure in which sperms from the male partner are inserted into the cervix of the female partner with help of catheter and speculum. The procedure takes only 10 minutes. Intracervical insemination is not only cost-effective but also painless as compared to IUI.
Find the list of most reputed surrogacy doctors in Lucknow along with their past patient reviews, treatment success rate, experience and surrogacy packages prices.Dr. Archana Kanodia from Welcare Hospital and Dr. Saraswati Patel from Sarthak Test Tube Baby Centre top the list of best surrogacy doctors in Lucknow.
The average cost of hysteroscopy in India ranges from Rs. 16,200 to Rs. 51,000.The cost of hysteroscopy depends upon the type of procedure, whether it is diagnostic or operative. Advanced Fertility and Surrogacy Centre and Wellspring IVF and Womens Hospital are among the best clinics offering hysteroscopy procedure at affordable prices.
IUI with donated Sperm is an ART (Assisted Reproductive Technique) treatment in which the donor sperm is utilized for a successful intra uterine insemination procedure. Sperm Donor IUI ensures that a woman with either infertile male partner or without a male partner is able to conceive using Sperm donated from some other healthy male.
Doctors usually suggest surrogacy as last resort to multiple IUI and IVF failures or in cases of extreme medical conditions like Cancer or extreme cases of PCOS, PCOD. It can also be opted by single parents or same sex couples or by those females who have uterus abnormalities or cases of unexplained infertility.are others who opt for surrogacy for the obvious reasons.
Surrogate mother carries the baby in her womb, on behalf of the intended parents. Usually a non-smoker and a non-alcoholic female, well within the age band of 21 and 35 years is preferred as a surrogate mother. Furthermore, females with regular menstrual cycle and with an ideal BMI and no medical history are the best choices.
Natural cycle IUI is an artificial insemination procedure in which no fertility drugs are used for ovary stimulation and for ovulation induction. The pregnancy is achieved with the help of naturally produced egg and hormones. In the process, womans cycle needs to be monitored constantly to determine the time of insemination.
Top things that can better your chances of getting pregnant after i...