Infertility affects approximately 1 out of every 6 couples. An infertility diagnosis is given to a couple who are unable to conceive over the course of one year. When the problem lies with the male partner it is referred to as male infertility. Male infertility factors contribute to approximately 30% of all infertility cases, and male infertility alone accounts for approximately one-fifth of all infertility cases.
Main Causes of Male Infertility:
1. The most common causes of male infertility are related to sperm — usually problems with sperm count and the quality of that sperm. Sperm-related problems include:
a)Low sperm count
b)Sperm thatdon’tmove quickly enough — they die before they reach the egg
c)Sperm thatarenot formed correctly
d)Seminal fluid that is too thick — sperm can’t move around in it very easily
2. Another cause of male infertility is a problem with ejaculation. In some cases, tubes inside the male reproductive organs are blocked. If so, you may have a hard time ejaculating, or nothing comes out when you have an orgasm. Sometimes, the ejaculation goes backward from the prostate into the bladder instead of out of the body.
3. In some cases, there is no known reason for someone’s infertility. This is called unexplained infertility. This can be a very frustrating diagnosis. But even if you are diagnosed with unexplained male infertility, you still have treatment options to consider.
Male Infertility Treatment options include:
Two of the most Common Treatments are:
1. Intrauterine Insemination (IUI): Semen is collected from a man. A procedure called “sperm washing” is done to separate the healthy sperm from the rest of the semen. A health care provider puts the sperm directly into the uterus. This puts the sperm closer to the egg. It cuts down the time and distance sperm
A health care provider puts the sperm directly into the uterus. This puts the sperm closer to the egg. It cuts down the time and distance spermhaveto travel to reach an egg.
2. In Vitro Fertilization (IVF):A woman takes medication to make several eggs ripen. A health care provider removes the eggs. Semen that has been collected from a man is put together with the eggs in a lab. After some eggs have been fertilized, one or more of them is put into the uterus. Pregnancy happens if one or more of them implant in the wall of the uterus. Especially to counter male infertility issues, ICSI & IMSI techniques are used to improve the chances of conceiving.
Your healthcare provider can help you figure out what treatments may work best for you and your partner.
IUI costs in Kolkata range between Rs. 10,500 to Rs. 37,750 including medicines and disposables. The cost varies based on experience of the gynecologist, history of past successful cases, reputation and quality of medication and treatment used. It also varies based on type of IUI, whether its natural cycle IUI or its Induced Cycle IUI.
View the list of best gynecologists in India, with their Review Rating, experience and Services offered. Dr. Sadhna Kala (Delhi) and Dr. ShobhaVenkat (Bangalore)top the list with because of their experience, review ratings and service quality.
Read all the necessary and required information about the best gynecologists in South Delhi along with their Rating, Success Rate and Services within this article. Dr. Sunita Gupta and Dr. Vaishali Sharma are renowned and best Gynecologists in South Delhi. They have their own pricing system, service quality and highest success rates in South Delhi.
What are the things you need to ask when you are going for the ivf ...
Top things that can better your chances of getting pregnant after i...