Find the list of best surrogacy doctors in India who offers the best treatment with the highest success rate. The list has been categorized on the basis of doctors fame, experience, reviews, ratings, and cost. Dr. Mohit Saraogi from Saraogi Hospitals and IRIS IVF Centre and Dr. Kaberi Banerjee from Advanced Fertility Centre top the list of the best surrogacy doctors in India.
AMH or Anti Mullerian Hormone level for a women body determines the quality of egg reserves in the ovaries for that particular female. If AMH levels are between 1.0 ng/ml to 1.5 ng/ml, then it is considered low and such couples are usually recommended IVF as a treatment to conceive. If AMH levels are lower than 1 ng/ml, then IVF with donor egg is the most preferred treatment.
The Anti Mullerian hormone is a vital hormone released from the developing follicles in the ovaries. These follicles are egg sacs, which contain immature eggs in them. The state of ovarian reserve can be easily determined with AMH levels in a woman. AMH levels can be determined easily with a regular blood test. AMH levels also provide information about the number of eggs left in the ovaries. Always remember that AMH is a measure to check the quantity of eggs and not the quality. In simple terms, we can say that AMH is a hormone and hormones should always be balanced for their proper functioning in the body. If any of the hormone levels are too high or too low, it indicates problems in the functionality of the associated organ.
AMH levels for the women under 35 years of age are interpreted in the following manner:
1. Higher levels of AMH
If AMH levels are higher than 4.0 ng/ml, then it suggests that the woman can have PCOS. In such cases, egg reserve is very high but the egg good quality is poor which makes it difficult to conceive. To treat such cases, ovarian stimulation or IVF is required. Some people can conceive naturally too with higher AMH. But if you are trying to conceive for a long time and have very high AMH, probably you need fertility treatment to conceive a baby.
2. Normal Levels of AMH
AMH levels between 1.5 to 4.0 ng/ml are considered normal. If someone has normal AMH values, then her egg reserve is good.
3. Low Levels of AMH
Low AMH levels fall between 1.0 to 1.5 ng/ml. If someone has low AMH levels, it means the woman has poor egg reserve and she needs fertility treatment to conceive. Women with low AMH responds well to ovulation inducing medications and can conceive with the help of assisted reproductive technology. IVF is the recommended treatment with low levels of AMH.
4. Very Low Levels of AMH
AMH levels are considered to be very low if it is lesser than 1.0 ng/ml. In such cases, female responds poorly to fertility medications and IVF with donor egg is the best-suited choice for the successful conception.
Functions of Anti Mullerian Hormone
- Anti Mullerian hormone is one of the prime markers to know the number of eggs developing in the ovary of a woman. If AMH levels are low, it indicates that the woman has a poor number of mature follicles in the ovaries.
- Anti Mullerian hormone plays a crucial role in the success of the cases of in vitro fertilization treatment. If AMH levels of the woman are normal, then there are higher chances of IVF success. But if AMH levels are higher than the normal levels, then such a woman has higher chances of developing ovarian hyper stimulation syndrome (OHSS) while taking fertility medications. In such cases, the dosage of the medicine administered is controlled, so that the woman does not suffer from OHSS and has higher chances of getting pregnant. It is very necessary to know AMH levels before starting the treatment so that proper precautions can be taken before hand.
Who Needs to Opt for Anti Mullerian Hormone (AMH) Test?
Anti mullerian hormone test is a crucial test for women in case of the following conditions:
- Not able to conceive: If a woman is trying to conceive for more than 6 months and is facing several failures in conceiving a baby naturally, then the gynecologist may suggest her to go for AMH test to know her egg reserve along with other fertility tests. The test helps to know the ovarian reserve at that particular stage of life. AMH levels decrease significantly with age.
- Ovarian Surgery: Some of the women have ovarian surgeries at a younger age due to the disorders in the reproductive system. With the help of the AMH test, it can be known that whether the ovarian surgery has impacted the AMH levels or not. It is checked to know the capability of conceiving in the future with self-egg.
- Ovarian Tumor: Ovarian tumors can also occur in some women at a very early stage of life. This can hamper the chances of pregnancy in the later stages of life. AMH level is the best way to know the ovarian reserve after the treatment of ovarian tumors.
- Before starting IVF treatment:If you are planning to opt for IVF treatment in the near future for conceiving a baby, your gynecologist will advise you to get the AMH test done as soon as possible. Knowing AMH levels help in knowing the chances of the success of the treatment.
- To know ovarian reserve: Finally, if you just want to know the status of your ovarian reserve levels, you can do it with the help of AMH test.
Also, get to know more about Anti-Mullerian Hormone or AMH
Causes of low Anti Mullerian Hormone (AMH)
Some of the major causes of lower levels of AMH include
- Increasing age
- Hormonal imbalance
- Genetic factors
- Increased stress levels
- Environmental Causes
- Unknown causes in some cases
Symptoms of low Anti Mullerian Hormone
- Irregular periods stopping of the bleeding are the common symptoms of the low Anti Mullerian Hormone.
- Apart from this, if someone is trying to conceive for more than a year, but still unable to conceive provided everything else is normal, then low AMH values can be the reason for the same.
What is the treatment for Low Anti Mullerian Hormone (AMH)?
Low AMH needs to be treated well in time if you want to get pregnant without any delay. You can utilize the best available treatments for curing the low levels of anti mullerian hormone. There are various types of fertility treatment available to help the couples conceive. It is important to focus on the treatments, which provide high success rates for the women who are detected with the low AMH.
IVF and IVF with donor eggs are used successfully for treating women with different infertility issues especially to manage lower AMH values. With the help of these treatments, many women are enjoying the happiness of motherhood.
In vitro fertilization:
In Vitro Fertilization techniques have proved to be a successful option for treating women with low AMH levels. Women with low AMH levels can conceive successfully if they consult an infertility specialist at the right time. This helps a woman to have a baby with artificial reproductive techniques like IVF.
Based on the levels of AMH of the woman, the infertility specialist utilizes stimulants and medications in the procedure. This helps in improving the response of the woman to in vitro fertilization treatment. Also, it is essential that you understand & discuss the case with your doctor clearly before starting the treatment. Women with low AMH need to receive required medical attention as soon as possible so that the doctors are able to treat them with a proper treatment protocol to achieve the desired results.
In vitro fertilization comprises a series of steps as mentioned below:
- Ovaries are stimulated with hormonal drugs to ensure the growth of multiple eggs. Stimulation depends upon the AMH values. If AMH values are high, then stimulated is controlled, so that the woman does not suffer from Ovarian Hyper Stimulation Syndrome (OHSS).
- Egg retrieval process is carried out.
- Sperm and eggs are then combined for fertilization in the IVF lab.
- The Embryo is allowed to develop for the next 3-4 days in the lab.
- The embryo is then implanted into the uterus of the woman.
- This completes in vitro fertilization technique in the women. The specialist then waits for 2 weeks before taking the pregnancy test.
- In some of the patients if the chances of getting pregnant with IVF are very poor, then priming with DHEA and testosterone is recommended.
IVF with Donor eggs
IVF with donor egg is one of the most successful fertility treatment options, which is responsible for attaining pregnancy with very low AMH levels. During this procedure, an egg donor helps out another couple by donating her eggs for their IVF either for monetary or social purpose. The entire process takes around 3-6 weeks of the time period. This process is technique sensitive and requires a skillful specialist to carry it out.
- Firstly, the IVF specialist or gynecologist checks and finalizes the donor individual after screening her for various diseases.
- If she is eligible for egg donation, then the specialist takes out the donor eggs from the egg donor. Afterwards, the donor eggs are combined with sperms of the male partner in the lab.
- Thus embryo formed is implanted into the uterus of the woman. This completes the entire procedure of donor egg implantation.
- Use of donor egg in fertility treatments has provided excellent results for the women who have extremely low AMH levels in the body.
If you are trying to conceive from a long time but not able to get pregnant, then you should get some basic fertility tests done along with AMH test. Males should also undergo semen analysis test because 30% of the infertility issues are reported in male partners.
SOURCES AND REFERENCES:
- What are the chances for ivf treatment success? chances of IVF success, Elawoman - 2018
- What are the risks associated with ivf? ovarian hyper stimulation syndrome, Elawoman - 2018
- What is anti - mullerian hormone or amh? Anti-Mullerian Hormone or AMH, Elawoman - 2017
- Endometriosis causes and symptoms Endometriosis, Elawoman - 2017
- 5 reasons for irregular periods Irregular periods, Elawoman - 2017
- When and why women go for the donor eggs donor egg, Elawoman - 2017
- Infertility profiling tests to check if not getting pregnant fertility tests, Elawoman - 2017
- Role of semen analysis in male infertility evaluation semen analysis test, Elawoman - 2018
Leave a Comment
Thanks for your Comment.
It will go live post Approval.
The information displayed on this webpage covers general information on several medical conditions, fertility treatments, IVF ICSI, surrogacy procedure, home remedies, and their respective treatments. The exclusive purpose of the displayed information is for the sake of general understanding and it has been collected from open sources which heavily rely on research and laboratory tests. However, the information shared here should not be considered as a medical advice or an alternative to consultation with a registered medical practitioner or licensed healthcare professional.
It is not advised to self-diagnose or treat any medical condition or disease following the information given in this article. We insist you to consult a registered practitioner and never try to replace their advice or discontinue treatment in between by relying solely on the information obtained. External links to different websites as well as videos given on the website serve the purpose of sharing knowledge only. Ela being an Independent Medical Information platform is neither responsible nor guarantees the authenticity, reliability, and accuracy of these videos and websites in any way. We do not intend the information displayed here to be used for a medical emergency, if you seek medical attention for yourself (or any other person with whom you want to share the information with), we advise you to directly get in touch with the hospital or the doctor.