IUI treatment is used for problems owing to low sperm count and decreased sperm mobility. IUI procedure or artificial insemination is best fertility treatment
IUI or Intrauterine Insemination is a fertility treatment that has been on the surface of Earth since as long as 1900. While it was initially a method for breeding animals, humans have adapted the treatment too. IUI is a fertility treatment involving placement of sperm inside a woman's uterus to allow fertilization. The artificial insemination, IUI treatment or IUI procedure is most commonly used for problems owing to low sperm count and decreased sperm mobility. While IVF is a popular fertility treatment, IUI fares well given its low cost and less invasive nature. IUI treatment or IUI procedure is arguably one of the best fertility treatments for any of the following conditions too:
1. Donor sperm: For women who need to opt for donor sperm to get pregnant, IUI treatment or IUI procedure is the most common method for conceiving.
2. Unexplained infertility: IUI is often performed as the first treatment for unexplained infertility along with ovulation-inducing medications.
3. Endometriosis related infertility: For infertility related to endometriosis, using medications to obtain a good quality egg along with performing artificial insemination, IUI treatment or IUI procedure is often the initial treatment offered.
4. Mild male factor infertility (subfertility): Your partner's semen analysis is one of the first steps in the medical assessment of infertility. The analysis may show below-average sperm concentration, weak movement (motility) of sperm, or abnormalities in sperm size and shape (morphology).
5. Cervical factor infertility: Mucus produced by the cervix around the time of ovulation provides an ideal environment for sperm to travel from vagina to the fallopian tubes. But, if the mucus is too thick, it may impede the sperm's journey. IUI bypasses the cervix, depositing sperm directly into your uterus and increasing the number of sperms available for the egg.
6. Semen allergy: Sometimes a woman could have an allergy to proteins in her partner's semen. In this case, ejaculation into vagina causes redness, burning and swelling where semen comes into contact with the skin. A condom can help you avoid allergy, but it also prevents pregnancy. If you're highly sensitive, artificial insemination, IUI treatment or IUI procedure can be effective, since many of the semen's proteins are removed before sperm insertion.
Though artificial insemination, IUI treatment or IUI procedure is an effective treatment for infertility, it has a high success rate only among women below the age of 41.
For more information, read about the do's and don'ts of IUI.
In this article we bring you the best Surrogacy Centers and clinics in India with Review Ratings, Cost Estimates, and Surrogacy Success Rate to help you make the best choice. Advanced Fertility and Aveya IVF tops the listof such surrogacy centres in India due to their low treatment costs, popularity and high success rates.
Here is a list of best IVF doctors in Kolkata with their Rating, Success Percentages, IVF package costs, Services offered and Centre details. Dr.SubiditaChatterjee and Dr.IndraniLodhtop the list of such IVF doctors in Kolkata due to their unique pricing system, popularity and highest success rates.
Find the list of most affordable IVF centres in Navi Mumbai with their Rating, Success Rate, Services and IVF package costs. MITR Hospital and Rajgobind Hospital top the list of such IVF centres in Navi Mumbaibecause of their unique pricing system.