Find the list of best surrogacy doctors in India who offers the best treatment with the highest success rate. The list has been categorized on the basis of doctors fame, experience, reviews, ratings, and cost. Dr. Mohit Saraogi from Saraogi Hospitals and IRIS IVF Centre and Dr. Kaberi Banerjee from Advanced Fertility Centre top the list of the best surrogacy doctors in India.
Intracervical Insemination procedure is an assisted reproductive technology. ICI benefits include fast procedure, improved success rates, less complicated and painless. Risks of Intracervical insemination are multiple pregnancies, ectopic pregnancy, and increased chances of pregnancy.
Let’s Discuss in More Details About Intracervical Insemination (ICI):
- What is Intracervical Insemination (ICI)?
- What Is the Procedure of Intracervical Insemination?
- What Are the Costs of Intracervical Insemination Treatment?
- What Are the Advantages of Intracervical Insemination Treatment?
- What Are the Risks of Intracervical Insemination?
Intracervical Insemination procedure is a type of Assisted Reproductive Technique (ART) utilized for couples having infertility issues. During this treatment, semen retrieved from the male partner is injected into the cervix of the female partner. But, the semen sample received from the male partner is not used as it is. It is first washed in the laboratory and then selected sperms are injected into the cervix of the female. The sperms swim through the fallopian tubes and reach the eggs for successful fertilization and formation of the embryo. There are certain advantages and risks, which revolve around ICI treatment. You can find them out in this article and utilize the information for your intracervical insemination procedure. (1) (2)
The Intracervical insemination process comprises of a series of steps, which are followed for the successful completion of this fertility treatment and achievement of the desired results.
The procedure of intracervical insemination is performed around the timing of ovulation of the concerned female partner. Timely tests are done and once the LH (Luteinizing Hormone) surges, it indicates the best time for the successful insemination and occurrence of pregnancy. (3) (4)
1. It takes around 10-15 minutes for the completion of the Intracervical Insemination procedure.
2. A speculum (an instrument for widening the vagina and accessing the cervix) is inserted into the vagina of the patient.
3. Once the speculum is placed and inserted properly, a fine tube known as a catheter is inserted through the speculum till it reaches the cervix of the patient.
4. This catheter has a syringe at the end that enters into the cervix of the patient.
5. A sperm sample is injected into the catheter and comes out from the syringe in the cervix.
6. In order to prevent leakage of sperm sample out of the cervix, a small soft sponge cap is placed inside the cervix. This is removed 6 hours after the completion of the procedure.
7. This completes the procedure of Intracervical Insemination treatment. A patient is asked to rest for around an hour in the hospital and later discharged according to the opinion of the doctor.
The ICI procedure does not involve any major discomfort or pain. But, if you suffer from any kind of discomfort or pain, then contact your fertility specialist or gynecologist immediately without any delay.
If you have already undergone fertility treatment and are waiting for your results, then keep yourself equipped with Best Urine Pregnancy Test Kits.
The cost of ICI treatment depends on various factors like a clinic, success rates of intracervical insemination treatment and amount of medicines used. (5)
Intracervical Insemination (ICI)
Intracervical Insemination (ICI)
Intracervical Insemination (ICI)
Intracervical insemination procedure costs vary with the above-mentioned factors along with the success rates of the respective fertility treatment. The Intracervical insemination procedures with fair success rates cost from Rs. 4,000 to Rs. 14,000. Then, the ICI treatments, which provide good success rates, cost between Rs. 12,000 and Rs. 29,000. If you want to make sure that there are high chances of occurrence of a successful pregnancy, then you can opt for the ICI treatments with high success rates. This costs between Rs. 25,000 to Rs. 39,000. You can refer to these rates of the Intracervical Insemination procedure and accordingly proceed further. (6)
When a couple opts for fertility treatment, then one of the first questions which pop up in the mind is the list of advantages which they will receive with the help of the chosen treatment. So, if you have planned for opting Intracervical Insemination, then you need to check out the following advantages of ICI treatment.
1. Less Complicated
It is less complicated than other fertility treatments like IVF and surrogacy. Patients do not face any major emotional and physical stress during Intracervical Insemination treatment.
Intracervical insemination treatment is a painless treatment. This ensures that the patients do not suffer from pain, which usually occurs in most of the medical procedures.
3. Fast completing procedure
This procedure is quicker and gets completed faster than other artificial insemination techniques. It takes around 10-15 minutes for the completion of ICI procedure.
4. Improved success rates
Intracervical insemination has better success rates than other types of insemination procedures. This makes ICI treatment as one of the recommended and affordable insemination techniques among the fertility treatments for couples.
5. Usage of Improved semen quality
Only good quality semen is used in this procedure and this is prioritized before the commencement of the main procedure. If you are opting for the intracervical insemination, then you need to know that only good quality sperms are being used for the increased success of Intracervical Insemination.
6. Useful in the absence of a male partner
It is useful for lesbian couples and single woman individuals who want to have their babies with the assistance of donor sperms.
You can also read our informational conception guide on the same sex couples. If you are impressed with the advantages of Intracervical Insemination treatment, then you can opt for this fertility treatment for a successful pregnancy.
Every medical procedure has certain risks and side effects associated with it. Intracervical Insemination also has some risks, which need to be taken into consideration before opting for the procedure. (7)
There are increased chances of occurrence of infection due to the utilization of speculum and catheter. The infection changes can also increase if proper monitoring and care are not taken before starting with the procedure. (8)
2. Multiple Births
The chances of occurrence of multiple pregnancies/births rise to a considerable extent when pregnancies occur with intracervical insemination. Therefore, if you are undergoing intracervical insemination and not planning for twins or triplets, then you need to be careful regarding this.
Miscarriages occur in one-fifth of the pregnancy cases, which get successful with the help of intracervical insemination procedure. You need to discuss with your gynecologist to avoid miscarriages. (9)
4. Ectopic Pregnancy
As per one of the latest researches, an ectopic pregnancy occurs in at least 4 out of 100 women. In this type of pregnancy, the implantation of the embryo occurs outside the uterus, most commonly in the fallopian tubes. This type of pregnancy is risky for the child as well as a mother. Such pregnancies usually do not lead to the successful birth of a baby. So, you need to keep this in mind before opting for an intracervical insemination procedure and consult with your gynecologist for precautions concerning your treatment. (10)
In this way, there are various aspects of intracervical insemination which need to be considered before commencing with the intracervical insemination procedure. You can find more information regarding artificial insemination techniques at Elawoman blog. For further queries, feel free to contact us at +918929020600.
SOURCES AND REFERENCES:
- ^ Intrauterine Insemination Versus Intracervical Insemination Cochrane.org, 06 August 2019
- ^ Artificial Insemination: Process, Success Rates, at Home | Healthline Healthline.com, 06 August 2019
- ^ What Is Intrauterine Insemination (IUI)? | Planned Parenthood Plannedparenthood.org, 06 August 2019
- ^ Intrauterine insemination (IUI) | Mayo Clinic Mayoclinic.org, 06 August 2019
- ^ Intravaginal, Intracervical, Intratubal Insemination: What is for You? Verywellfamily.com, 06 August 2019
- ^ Intrauterine insemination (IUI) | NHS Nhs.uk, 06 August 2019
- ^ Artificial Insemination: Uses, Procedure, and Risks | Medical News Today Medicalnewstoday.com, 06 August 2019
- ^ Infection | Wikipedia En.wikipedia.org, 06 August 2019
- ^ What Is a Miscarriage ? | Identifying the Causes | Planned Parenthood Plannedparenthood.org, 06 August 2019
- ^ Ectopic Pregnancy: Symptoms, Causes, and Treatments | Healthline Healthline.com, 06 August 2019
Was this page helpful?
Leave a Comment
Thanks for your Comment.
It will go live post Approval.
The information displayed on this webpage covers general information on several medical conditions, fertility treatments, IVF ICSI, surrogacy procedure, home remedies, and their respective treatments. The exclusive purpose of the displayed information is for the sake of general understanding and it has been collected from open sources which heavily rely on research and laboratory tests. However, the information shared here should not be considered as a medical advice or an alternative to consultation with a registered medical practitioner or licensed healthcare professional.
It is not advised to self-diagnose or treat any medical condition or disease following the information given in this article. We insist you to consult a registered practitioner and never try to replace their advice or discontinue treatment in between by relying solely on the information obtained. External links to different websites as well as videos given on the website serve the purpose of sharing knowledge only. Ela being an Independent Medical Information platform is neither responsible nor guarantees the authenticity, reliability, and accuracy of these videos and websites in any way. We do not intend the information displayed here to be used for a medical emergency, if you seek medical attention for yourself (or any other person with whom you want to share the information with), we advise you to directly get in touch with the hospital or the doctor.