Find the list of best surrogacy doctors in India who offers the best treatment with the highest success rate. The list has been categorized on the basis of doctors fame, experience, reviews, ratings, and cost. Dr. Mohit Saraogi from Saraogi Hospitals and IRIS IVF Centre and Dr. Kaberi Banerjee from Advanced Fertility Centre top the list of the best surrogacy doctors in India.
Artificial insemination is a procedure, which involves a series of steps followed by a female trying to have a baby. It including steps such as collecting semen in a jar, waiting for the semen to liquefy, loading of semen into the syringe after liquefaction, inserting the syringe into the uterus and releasing the semen out of it into the uterus.
In the modern times, artificial insemination is in demand due to its high success rates. It becomes easier for the couples to conceive with the help of artificial insemination, if they are not able to conceive naturally. Artificial insemination is basically a procedure in which the semen of the man is taken and injected into the women's uterus for fertilization. This successfully leads to the formation of embryo. There are several techniques of artificial insemination. One of the most commonly utilized procedures is known as intra uterine insemination. If you want to opt for artificially inseminating yourself on your own at home, then you need to ensure that you learn the procedure in depth in this article.
Before knowing the procedure for artificially inseminating yourself on your own at home, you need to know which are the ideal cases for artificial insemination and which are not.
Here are the cases in which artificial insemination is recommended:
- If both of your fallopian tubes are opened, then there are good chances of successful conception with artificial insemination. Even with one open tube, artificial insemination has fair chances to turn up into a successful pregnancy.
- If you have any abnormalities with respect to cervical mucus or cervical canal, then you can surely go with artificial insemination at home.
- Absence or minor presence of endometriosis, which can be treated before commencing the procedure.
- In the couples, where male sperm count is less than the desired count for successful fertilization. Also,if a male partner haslow sperm motility, then also artificial insemination is recommended.
- Same sex couples can now have their own babies with the assistance of artificial insemination. Sperm banks are utilized in these cases. A series of legal steps are carried out before starting with the procedure.
Artificial insemination is not recommended in the following cases:
1- Tubal blockage or severe tubal damage
2- Diminished ovarian reserve
3- With a male partner having very low sperm count, artificial insemination is not recommended in several cases due to lower chances of pregnancy. In such cases, IVF (in vitro fertilization) treatment is combined with ICSI (Intra Cytoplasmic Semen Injection) where the sperms are directly injected into the eggs.
These are the commonly found cases, which help in deciding whether artificial insemination needs to be utilized, or not.
Here are the important facts and materials, which you require for the proper execution of the artificial insemination procedure:
- Knowledge of your fertility and menstrual cycle.
- A jar or container to collect fresh semen sample.
- Romantic stuff like toys or romantic music.
- Lot of pillows
- Medical gloves for comfortable completion of the procedure.
- Lots of patience
Just make sure that you equip yourself with the required materials to ensure that the process gets completed without any kind of hindrance.
Before the procedure of artificial insemination, you need to take care of the following steps:
- You need to track your ovulation and menstrual cycle with proper care. Make it a target to record the ovulation pattern with the help of ovulation predictor kits (OPKs) and ovulation period calculator and tracker. It is essential to note your fertile period for successful insemination. You can also use period tracker apps such as Ela to know your precise ovulation day.
- You can collect sperm from your husband or partner before starting the procedure at home. If your partner’s sperm count is low or you are a single parent, then you need to do the thorough research to find the reliable sperm donors. It is crucial to get the respective donor tested before finalizing the procedure. These tests include AIDS, STD’s as well as other hazardous diseases.
Once, you are aware that your fertility period is coming up soon; contact your sperm donor for the sperm collection procedure.
Procedure of artificial insemination
You can start artificial insemination procedure at home with below-mentioned steps:
1. Identify place for sperm collection: You need to have a clean area where the artificial insemination process can take place. You also need to make sure that the sperm donor is comfortable so that he is able to provide you with the required amount of sperm for insemination.
2. Prepare yourself mentally: Make yourself comfortable before the procedure. It is recommended that you and the donor are transparent with the procedure. So, discuss again with the donor regarding the procedure. This will help you to avoid awkward situations while starting with the procedure.
3. Know sperm donor’s preferences:Provide the donor a place to provide you the required amount of semen. You can also know his preference for location, beforehand at the time of signing the agreement. This will help you to carry out the procedure in a smoother way.
4. Collection of semen in jar: Once the donor provides the semen, collect it in the jar. Let the semen liquefy for easier insemination at home. Body temperature is best suited for the sperms and semen. So, you can provide the required temperature by keeping the jar under your clothes. Leave it for around 10-15 minutes. As you see that the semen has liquefied, you can prepare to inject it successfully into your uterus.
5. Loading the semen into syringe: You need to load the liquefied semen in the syringe. Make sure you do not force it into the syringe to avoid spillage or loss of the useful sperms. Use a nominal pressure to insert it in the syringe.
6. Take your position on bed: Then, lay down on the bed. You need to keep pillows below yourself and keep your body raised from the bed. This position eases the reaching of the sperms to the eggs. You can also take assistance of soothing music to keep yourself calm and prevent yourself from feeling nervousness.
7. Put the semen into the uterus: Insert the syringe loaded with semen into your vagina. If you feel it is hitting the cervix, take the syringe a little back. Then, slowly release the semen through the vagina into the uterus. You need to keep a check that the speed of injecting the semen should not be too high. Keep the syringe plugged in your vagina for at least next 10 minutes. This will help you to release the semen effectively into the uterus for successful insemination and ultimately leading to successful pregnancy.
8. Dispose off the used injections: Dispose off used injections and other materials properly. Take rest for some time and then resume back with your routine.
For artificial insemination, sperm donor plays an important role in the success of artificial insemination procedure, which ultimately leads to pregnancy. Therefore, you need to invest proper amount of time before finalizing the sperm donor. You can search online or place enquiries to find the sperm donors matching your requirements. You can also take assistance from the agencies, which provide sperm donor facilities.
In this way, you can artificially inseminate yourself at home. These days, artificial insemination at home is in great demand. So, you can utilize this procedure and successfully get pregnant with your own baby. It is essential that you know various aspects of the artificial insemination to avoid any kind of legal complications after the birth of baby. You can discuss with a lawyer and know the delicate issues associated with artificial insemination procedure at home.
Do you want to read on different aspects related to fertility treatments in detail? If yes, thenyou can check out ElaWoman blog to know about different fertility treatments in detail. You can also call us at +917899912611 for further queries related to fertility treatments in India.
SOURCES AND REFERENCES:
- Symptoms of fallopian tube blockage fallopian tubes, Elawoman - 2018
- How to check cervical mucus naturally cervical mucus, Elawoman - 2017
- Best ways to boost sperm count and increase male fertility sperm count, Elawoman - 2017
- What is in-vitro fertilization (ivf) and its needs IVF, Elawoman - 2017
- What is icsi (intracytoplasmic sperm injection) treatment? ICSI, Elawoman - 2018
- Signs of a healthy and normal menstrual cycle menstrual cycle, Elawoman - 2017
- How to track ovulation with help of signs? track your ovulation, Elawoman - 2018
- Ovulation period calculator and period tracker ovulation period calculator and tracker, Elawoman - 2017
- Things nobody tells you about donating sperm sperm donor, Elawoman - 2017
- Facts on semen color and semen health semen, Elawoman - 2017
Leave a Comment
Thanks for your Comment.
It will go live post Approval.
The information displayed on this webpage covers general information on several medical conditions, fertility treatments, IVF ICSI, surrogacy procedure, home remedies, and their respective treatments. The exclusive purpose of the displayed information is for the sake of general understanding and it has been collected from open sources which heavily rely on research and laboratory tests. However, the information shared here should not be considered as a medical advice or an alternative to consultation with a registered medical practitioner or licensed healthcare professional.
It is not advised to self-diagnose or treat any medical condition or disease following the information given in this article. We insist you to consult a registered practitioner and never try to replace their advice or discontinue treatment in between by relying solely on the information obtained. External links to different websites as well as videos given on the website serve the purpose of sharing knowledge only. Ela being an Independent Medical Information platform is neither responsible nor guarantees the authenticity, reliability, and accuracy of these videos and websites in any way. We do not intend the information displayed here to be used for a medical emergency, if you seek medical attention for yourself (or any other person with whom you want to share the information with), we advise you to directly get in touch with the hospital or the doctor.