In Vitro Fertilisation or IVF is an infertility treatment that helps couples who were trying to conceive more than a year and failed or who are diagnosed with infertility problems. IVF procedure is done with the couples who cannot conceive naturally, IVF treatment is a method that is quite complex and the outcomes of IVF procedure or test tube baby can vary from patient to patient.
1. Maintain a Healthy Weight: Being both overweight/obese or underweight can be a big concern to the entire IVF treatment or test tube baby. Generally, the best time to get into the weight desired to conceive successfully is just before starting the conception process. Every woman should know that the ideal BMI before conception is around 23kg/m2. The BMI ensures that you are healthy and able to conceive with the perfect weight and carry your pregnancy successfully for next 9 months.
2. Eat a Heathy Fertility Diet: A fertility diet acts synergistically with the ART (artificial reproduction treatment) process. This fertility diet comprises largely of whole grains, fruits, and vegetables, processed foods, lean white meats, multigrain and low glycaemic index cereals, oils and foods with polyunsaturated fatty acids like nuts, seeds, avocado as this kind of fatty acid helps to increase the chances of pregnancy following embryo transfer.
3. Avoid Alcohol: This is very important, the occasional glass of wine is something any patient undergoing IVF treatment or test tube baby can do without. Studies have suggested clearly, that as a result of drinking alcohol or smoking during treatment, then fewer eggs will be collected and that increase the chance of miscarriage.
4. Quit Smoking:This is not a myth but a most known fact that smoking reduces sperm count/quality and motility in men and bring down the egg quality in women as well. This is to let you know that female who smokes take three times longer time to conceive as compared to non-smoking women. Even passive smoking affects the woman, man, sperms, and ova. Hence it is best for both the man and woman to kick off the cigarette before they plan to conceive or have a baby. It is believed that women smokers must quit at least three months before planning for a baby.
5. Eat Organic Foods: Organic foods helps avoid the ingestion of pesticides and its side effects. Organic food decreases the effect of the chemicals on the liver and hence, prevents the interference with hormones. Some pesticides have been found to have the bad estrogenic effect which can lower egg quality. Remember to avoid eating too many soya products.
6. Avoid Caffeine: If you cannot leave taking caffeine if you are in the habits of having coffee and caffeinated drinks altogether. You can have no more than 1-2 small cups of coffee/tea a day. Once the embryo transfer is done, strictly avoid soft drinks such as flavored soda, colas etc. contain large amounts of caffeine and sugar that may increase your insulin levels in body.
8. Sleep well: One month before you start your IVF cycle or test tube baby, try to get into a healthy sleep cycle, aiming to take 8 hours of sleep. Natural melatonin production can be improved by sleeping in a dark room as melatonin is essential for healthy follicle development. During this time of IVF procedure or test tube baby, avoid melatonin supplements as these have hormonal effects on the body.
IUI costs in Kolkata range between Rs. 10,500 to Rs. 37,750 including medicines and disposables. The cost varies based on experience of the gynecologist, history of past successful cases, reputation and quality of medication and treatment used. It also varies based on type of IUI, whether its natural cycle IUI or its Induced Cycle IUI.
View the list of best gynecologists in India, with their Review Rating, experience and Services offered. Dr. Sadhna Kala (Delhi) and Dr. ShobhaVenkat (Bangalore)top the list with because of their experience, review ratings and service quality.
Read all the necessary and required information about the best gynecologists in South Delhi along with their Rating, Success Rate and Services within this article. Dr. Sunita Gupta and Dr. Vaishali Sharma are renowned and best Gynecologists in South Delhi. They have their own pricing system, service quality and highest success rates in South Delhi.
What are the things you need to ask when you are going for the ivf ...