To measure your Basal Body Temperature (BBT), you’re going to need a BBT thermometer. This is simply a very sensitive thermometer that is able to identify even the tiniest of temperature changes
A woman’s basal body temperature, which is the temperature when her body is completely at rest, rises ever so slightly just after ovulation. Three days of a continued rise in basal body temperatures will confirm that ovulation did indeed take place.
A quick online search will let you know that you can purchase a BBT thermometer anywhere. That’s a pretty wide range and can leave anyone feeling unsure of their product choice. We’re here to help though.
Here are the 2 things you absolutely need when purchasing a BBT thermometer:
1.It should be accurate to one-hundredth (0.01) of a degree.
2. The screen should light up for easy reading in the dark.
Everything else is just gravy.
Other features that may make your life easier are:
1. The screen displays the time and date, which may help you in recording the info.
2. The ability to recall previous temperature readings.
3. The ability to take the measurement quickly.
4. Buzzing, instead of beeping, in order to measure without waking up your sleeping companion.
Read more about what is safe period, what is safe period for intercourse and learn how to calculate the safe days to avoid pregnancy. Know about all the related information about the queries you have about safe period.