Though the ovulation calculator is quite reliable, BBT chart is the safest best. The overall goal of the BBT chart is to help you understand your body’s ovulatory and cycle patterns. It’s not an exact science so don’t panic if you accidentally oversleep once or occasionally forget to write down your daily temperature. That being said, there are some general guidelines of what and what not to do so you achieve success in charting your fertility and ultimately your reproductive goals, just like there are in ovulation calculators. Here are some precautions for BBT chart that you must follow to accurately chart your fertility.
1. Do purchase a thermometer that is sensitive enough to read to the one-hundredth (0.01) of a degree Fahrenheit.
2. Do keep all of the supplies you need (thermometer, Ela app, etc.) on your nightstand or somewhere handy so they’re immediately accessible when you wake up.
3.Do start charting on the first day of your menstrual cycle, a.k.a. Cycle Day 1.
4. Do try your best to take your temperature at around the same time each morning (including on the weekends). Set up a Glow reminder to help you stay on track.
5. Do make sure that you take your temp before doing anything else - before eating, going to the bathroom, or even sitting up in bed.
6. Do be sure to be consistent with whichever method - orally, vaginally, or rectally - that you choose for taking your temperature. Do it the same way each time for the most accurate results.
1. Don't use a regular thermometer that you would use for measuring your temperature while sick. Unfortunately, that kind isn’t sensitive enough for what you need.
2. Don't move around before taking your temperature. Even just lying in bed awake for a few minutes before temping can affect the reading.
3. Don't rely on memory for recording your temperature later. Record it in the Ela app as soon as you measure for the best accuracy.
4. Don't go to bed too late. Remember, you need to sleep for at least 5 hours total and 3 consecutive hours of sleep before waking for a reliable temperature reading.
5. Don't drink alcohol the night before. The reason being that drinking can cause elevated temperatures the next morning.
6. Don't worry too much about anyone temperature until you’ve tracked the entire cycle.
Remember, these are simply precautions for BBT chart to help you achieve success with your tracking. Like we mentioned before, charting BBT isn’t a perfect science and it’s okay if you have an occasional slip-up (don’t feel bad, it happens). It happens with ovulation calculators too. Just remember to log it in Ela app.
And if there is a questionable reading or confusion around your fertile window, you can always check your cervical mucus or cervical position for some extra help, too. After all, the precautions of BBT chart are just a way of being double sure about your fertility.
Read more about what is safe period, what is safe period for intercourse and learn how to calculate the safe days to avoid pregnancy. Know about all the related information about the queries you have about safe period.
BBT thermometer measures the basal body temperature which is used a...