The ovulation calculator and BBT chart go hand in hand. Fertility is a complicated, yet simple notion. Here are precautions for BBT chart to keep in mind.
Though the ovulation calculator is quite reliable, BBT chart is the safest best. The overall goal of the BBT chart is to help you understand your body’s ovulatory and cycle patterns. It’s not an exact science so don’t panic if you accidentally oversleep once or occasionally forget to write down your daily temperature. That being said, there are some general guidelines of what and what not to do so you achieve success in charting your fertility and ultimately your reproductive goals, just like there are in ovulation calculators. Here are some precautions for BBT chart that you must follow to accurately chart your fertility.
1. Do purchase a thermometer that is sensitive enough to read to the one-hundredth (0.01) of a degree Fahrenheit.
2. Do keep all of the supplies you need (thermometer, Ela app, etc.) on your nightstand or somewhere handy so they’re immediately accessible when you wake up.
3.Do start charting on the first day of your menstrual cycle, a.k.a. Cycle Day 1.
4. Do try your best to take your temperature at around the same time each morning (including on the weekends). Set up a Glow reminder to help you stay on track.
5. Do make sure that you take your temp before doing anything else - before eating, going to the bathroom, or even sitting up in bed.
6. Do be sure to be consistent with whichever method - orally, vaginally, or rectally - that you choose for taking your temperature. Do it the same way each time for the most accurate results.
1. Don't use a regular thermometer that you would use for measuring your temperature while sick. Unfortunately, that kind isn’t sensitive enough for what you need.
2. Don't move around before taking your temperature. Even just lying in bed awake for a few minutes before temping can affect the reading.
3. Don't rely on memory for recording your temperature later. Record it in the Ela app as soon as you measure for the best accuracy.
4. Don't go to bed too late. Remember, you need to sleep for at least 5 hours total and 3 consecutive hours of sleep before waking for a reliable temperature reading.
5. Don't drink alcohol the night before. The reason being that drinking can cause elevated temperatures the next morning.
6. Don't worry too much about anyone temperature until you’ve tracked the entire cycle.
Remember, these are simple precautions for BBT chart to help you achieve success with your tracking. Like we mentioned before, charting BBT isn’t a perfect science and it’s okay if you have an occasional slip-up (don’t feel bad, it happens). It happens with ovulation calculators too. Just remember to log it in Ela App.
And if there is a questionable reading or confusion around your fertile window, you can always check your cervical mucus or cervical position for some extra help, too. After all, the precautions of BBT chart are just a way of being double sure about your fertility.
Get a complete guide to the right BBT thermometer which is reliable in terms of its accuracy. BBT thermometer should be capable of measuring the slightest temperature differences because mouth breathing can also impact BBT.
SOURCES AND REFERENCES:
It will go live post Approval.
The information displayed on this webpage covers general information on several medical conditions, fertility treatments, IVF ICSI, surrogacy procedure, home remedies, and their respective treatments. The exclusive purpose of the displayed information is for the sake of general understanding and it has been collected from open sources which heavily rely on research and laboratory tests. However, the information shared here should not be considered as a medical advice or an alternative to consultation with a registered medical practitioner or licensed healthcare professional.
It is not advised to self-diagnose or treat any medical condition or disease following the information given in this article. We insist you to consult a registered practitioner and never try to replace their advice or discontinue treatment in between by relying solely on the information obtained. External links to different websites as well as videos given on the website serve the purpose of sharing knowledge only. Ela being an Independent Medical Information platform is neither responsible nor guarantees the authenticity, reliability, and accuracy of these videos and websites in any way. We do not intend the information displayed here to be used for a medical emergency, if you seek medical attention for yourself (or any other person with whom you want to share the information with), we advise you to directly get in touch with the hospital or the doctor.
An ovulation app or calendar is a digital tool, which attempts to predict when a woman might ovulate or release an egg on the basis of her menstrual cycles. These ovulation apps and calendars are 97% accurate. If you are trying to get pregnant then these apps are one of the methods with which you can track your fertile window and plan unprotected sex to conceive a baby.
Monitoring BBT and cervical mucus throughout the cycle help in determining ovulation. BBT is the lowest body temperature measured with the help of a BBT thermometer and it rises gradually post ovulation. The consistency of cervical mucus also keeps on changing throughout the cycle. You are the most fertile when you have raw egg white vaginal discharge.
Tracking ovulation and having intercourse near ovulation is the key to get pregnant. Some of the noticeable signs to track ovulation are symptoms of ovulation pain, drop in BBT, changes in cervical mucus, tender breasts, spotting and sometimes even high sex drive.
Trying to get pregnant or trying to avoid pregnancy? Then try the Ela fertility tracker app in achieving your desired goal by tracking your menstrual cycle each month. It is 98.9% accurate and is the best fertility calculator to track your overall fertility health.
Elawoman is the best period tracker app for all women having regular or irregular menstrual cycles. It is 98.7% accurate in calculating the best days to conceive. It considers many health parameters such as heart rate variability, skin temperature changes, BMI, cervical positioning, and mucus texture to track and predict ovulation.
Ela App guarantees 98.7% accurate predictions about the menstrual cycle and ovulation day based on a study performed in 2016 on 1482 women users across the globe. This has been further proven by more than 21,000 successful pregnancies on the Ela Ovulation App in the last 9 months (2017).
Read more about what is safe period, what is safe period for intercourse and learn how to calculate the safe days to avoid pregnancy. Know about all the related information about the queries you have about safe period.
To know about your ovulation period, ovulation calculator is highly recommended. Using this period calculator you can mark your ovulation calendar and find the most fertile day to conceive.
Ovulation calculator can predict ovulation days.Ovulation predictor kit or ovulation calculator can track cycle or fertility calculator can tell best fertile days
BBT thermometer measures the basal body temperature which is used a...