Sperm Count is the major challenge faced by men when it comes to infertility. To know how to increase sperm production, you must avoid toxins and have a healthy diet to increase the sperm count
According to a study, more than 40% of infertility issues are found in men populace. Male infertility arises because of the low sperm count and also because of texture of Sperm cells. It can easily be treated if you and your partner plan properly for how to increase sperm count.
Healthy Sperm Requirements
- When you are tracking fertility, then you should make sure that your partner is in a fertile sperm production phase. For him a single ejaculation during intercourse must have a minimum of 39 million sperm cells.
- A sperm should be oval in shape with a long, straight tail. A large or small head with curled or double tail is a sign of infertile sperm.
- For an egg to get fertilized, more than 40% of the sperm should be floundering and swimming on their own. So for a sperm to flow freely on its own the mobility needs to be high for atleast 50% of the sperm cells.
Normal Healthy Semen Analysis
As per the World Health Organization's 5th edition of "Normal Semen Analysis" values post a semen test should at least be:
- Volume of 1.5 ml or more
- pH value of greater than or equal to 7.2
- Sperm concentration of more than 15,000,000/ml
- Total motility of 40% or more
- Progressive motility of 32% or more
- Morphology of 4% or more normal forms
- Vitality of 58% or more live
- White blood cells of less than 1,000,000/ml
Steps to Increase Sperm Count
- First thing to know when it comes to how to improve sperm count is that you should include multi-vitamins supplements in your diet. You should increase antioxidants(dark chocolate, pumpkin seeds), omega-3 fatty acids(flax seeds) and Vitamin E and C rich foods like Orange, Lemon, Broccoli, Tomatoes, Berries and green leafy vegetables in your daily diet. All these optimize the sperm count and improves fertility in men.
- With a proper diet plan, it is equally important to do some physical activity to increase sperm count. Exercising helps in stimulating fertility as it increase the release of reproductive hormones. You can try jogging, try some crunches, or stretches to improve sperm count. On the other hand, vigorous or exhaustible exercises can have an adverse effect. You can take a trainer’s advice if you feel so.
- Infertility issue can cause stress and anxiety. You should manage your stress if you want to answer- how to increase sperm count. Stress and anxiety can lower down the release of reproductive hormones in men. It can even mismanage sexual thrive. You can follow some stress busters techniques to relax yourself and feel good.
- Insomnia is one of the reasons behind low sperm production. You should take atleast an 8-hour sleep. When you do not sleep properly, it disturbs the brain and body connections leading to infertility in form of low sperm count.
- Overweight and obesity can drastically reduce sperm count. High level of fat deposits in your body can obstruct the growth of fertile sperm. You are more likely to produce abnormal sperm cells by being overweight or obesse.
- A very important factor to increase your sperm count is to keep your scrotum ( a muscular sac where sperm is collected)cool. Wear comfortable and not so tight clothes to balance your scrotal temperature. If by any means your scrotal temperature is rising, stop doing that immediately. It can damage your fertile sperm and can lead to less healthy sperm cells.
Stop Doing this Today
- Stop using tobacco, marijuana, cocaine and opium as early as you can. Stop using alcohol, too. A regular intake of tobacco, cigarette or alcohols or even excessive cups of tea and coffee; can adversely affect DNA of your sperm cells and may produce infertile or abnormal sperm cells.
- Avoid taking hot baths or steamy baths. A hot bath at your home or going for saunas and jacuzzi will increase your scrotal temperature which can lower down your sperm count. Even if you go for it, avoid spending more than 20 minutes over them.
- If you are love to go for long bike ride then stop it today. Avoid heavy duty cycling or long hours of bike riding. If you cannot resist them then try find a soft and flat bike seat for yourself. Sticking to a hard and narrow seat can raise your scrotal temperature.
- Certain medications should be avoided in order to know how to improve sperm count. Anabolic steroids and antibiotics used to treat chronic conditions like High Blood Pressure or Stomach infections should not be taken for long phases. Chemotherapeutic drugs should be avoided. It can readily lower down the sperm count. If you are going for cancer treatment, you should make sure to go for semen cryopreservation ( a technique to keep the sperm cool).
- As per a study, men who are habitual to keep their mobile phones in the hip pockets or on the belt have 11% lesser sperm count than those who are not in this habit. The radiation coming out from these gadgets can cause low sperm count and is one of the most common causes for infertility in men.
- Do not use any lubricants while having an intercourse with your partner. Any chemical lubricant, lotions or saliva will decrease the free flow of sperm. This will have an adverse effect on sperm motility. You can use vegetable oil or any seed oil as a lubricative, if necessary.
It is important for you to know how to increase sperm count so that you and your partner can boost your fertility chances. Have a proper diet, do regular exercises and avoid all which can raise your scrotal temperature.