Get tips to boost sperm count, sperm quantity and sperm motility with some essential tips and natural remedies in this article.
Low sperm count is one of the major factors, which are responsible for causing infertility in men. Sperm count plays a vital role in making a baby and should be monitored accurately. Your doctor may help you in finding ways on boosting the sperm count. If you are curious to know about how to increase sperm quantity, then this article can be a complete guide to all your queries.
How to Increase Sperm and Sperm Count: Diet Plan
- Vitamins: You must include foods, which are rich in Vitamin C and Vitamin D if you really want to increase your sperm count. Vitamins and antioxidants have high tendency to lower down defects related to sperm and increase sperm motility. You should drink one glass of milk twice a day to increase your sperm qa.uantity. You can also take yoghurt, skimmed milk or salmon to balance daily requirement of vitamin D in your body.
- Minerals: In order to increase sperm count you should include foods, which are rich in minerals like zinc and amino acids in your diet plan. Eat a lot of green leafy vegetables, walnuts, beans, oysters, chicken, sesame seeds, eggs and legumes. You should include garlic in your diet as it contains allicin which can elevate your sperm quantity by maximizing the flow of blood in your reproductive organs.
- Foods not to ignore to Increase Sperm Motility: There are certain food items, which are believed to increase your sperm count. Bananas, Walnuts, Goji berries, Ginseng, Pumpkin seeds and Asparagus are highly effective in increasing sperm quantity and motility.
- Increase Sperm Count and motility with Herbs: Herbs are used for treating infertility problems since ancient times and form an affordable and effective way to increase the sperm count naturally.
These Adaptogens provide nourishment to the endocrine system and balance your hormonal levels. Here is a list of herbs, which can boost your sperm count-
- American Ginseng.
- Epimedium or horny goat weed.
- Ginkgo leaves.
- Maca root.
- Saw Palmetto berries.
- Yohimbe bark.
How to increase Sperm in the body naturally? : Lifestyle Change :
With a healthy diet plan, you should also follow some healthy practices, which can help you in finding a way on how to increase sperm quantity.
- Say No To Drugs/Alcohol: Alcohols and drugs have adverse effects on male fertility. They may lower down your sperm count. If you are a chain smoker or drink alcohol frequently then you may be producing infertile or unhealthy sperm. Avoid smoking or drinking if you are trying to increase your sperm count.
- Stay Fit and Comfortable: A man’s reproductive organs like scrotum should remain cool as an elevated temperature can cause damage to the sperms. Avoid jerking and jumping while riding a bike or a bicycle. You should also avoid tight fitted clothes, as your skin may not breathe properly with such clothing. Tight clothing often results in an elevated temperature in scrotum, which can possibly kill fertile sperms present in your scrotum. Switch to boxers instead of skintight inner wears.
- Avoid Hot Baths: It is important to keep your scrotum cool to increase your sperm count. Avoid taking hot baths and saunas for around or more than 30 minutes as they can make your scrotum warm and can even kill your sperms.
- No Stress And An Adequate Rest: Stress and anxiety can disturb your hormonal balance and you may produce infertile sperms. Take proper and uninterrupted sleep of at least 7-8 hours can help in increasing the sperm count. Taking proper rest for several hours can help your body to regain energy and boost metabolism. Yoga and Meditation forms effective stress busters.
- Avoid Contact with Chemicals and Toxins: Avoid direct contact with harmful chemicals or radiations. Harmful radiations and chemicals can damage your sperm. Under hazardous conditions at work, wear a mask and other safety equipment to protect your skin from exposure of harsh chemicals or intoxicants.
- Avoid Artificial Lubricants: Don’t use artificial lubricants during sexual intercourse as they can harm your healthy or fertile sperms. They may also lower down sperm motility. Saliva or chemically treated lubricants can obstruct movement of the sperms. If necessary, you can use natural lubricants like vegetable oil or peanut oil during sexual intercourse.
Points to note-
- Follow a healthy diet with lot of minerals, folic acids to regulate your hormonal balance.
- Eat more bananas and walnuts to increase your sperm count.
- Avoid hot baths and saunas to increase sperm quantity.
- Hope this article has been able to answer your queries on how to increase sperm count naturally and boost male fertility. Follow Elawoman to get regular updates on fertility health and treatments.