Improper weight gain is the most common factor causing infertility in women. Flax Seeds or Aali Vidhai is proven highly beneficial in reducing weight and as the Richest Source of Omega 3.
Flax seeds also called linseeds are highly nutritious and vitamins-rich foods that come in brown, golden or tan color. Flaxseed in tamil is known as ‘aali vidhai’. Flax seeds Indian name is ‘Alasi’. It has been used as a staple food for around 6,000 years. Flax seeds are the richest source of omega-3 fatty acids, which is an essential meal for the women suffering from PCOD, because of its rich nutritional content. Flax seeds are also known as the World’s first cultivated superfood. Flax seeds or linseeds are the leading source of lignans, which stimulate hormonal balance. Undoubtedly, linseeds can be used as a treatment for infertility.
1. Amazing Nutritional Content of Flax seeds
Flax seeds or Alasi (Flax seeds Indian name) naturally contains recommended dietary allowance for essential nutrients like Vitamins (31%), Manganese (35%), Magnesium (30%), Phosphorus (19%) and Selenium (10%) and it should necessarily be included in the diet plan for PCOD. Linseed or Aali Vidhai (linseed in tamil) is also a rich source of Vitamin B6, Iron, Potassium, Copper and Zinc. According to a recent study, 3 tablespoon of Flax seeds or or Aali Vidhai (linseed in tamil) also contains:
- Around 6400 mg of omega-3 fatty acids, which makes it the richest omega-3 acid containing food.
- 8g of Fiber
- 6 g of Protein.
2. Health Benefits of Flax Seeds
- Flax seeds or Alasi (Flax seeds Indian name) contains high amount of Mucilage, which is a water-soluble, gel-forming fiber. It increases the absorption of nutrients and helps in fat loss. This regulates menstrual cycles and improves ovulation
- Linseed or Aali Vidhai (flaxseeds in tamil) has healthy fats and it elevates healthy growth of hair and nourishes skin.
- Due to its high nutritional and rich fiber content, Flax seeds or linseeds are exceptionally efficient in weight loss. Women suffering from PCOD can benefit from Aali Vidhai, if they simply include Flaxseeds as an essential food item in their diet plan. In PCOD, the complications arises more with the inflammation. Flax seeds or called Aali Vidhai( flax seeds in tamil) has anti-inflammatory tendency.
- Linseeds or Alasi (Flax seeds indian name) has great tendency to lower down bad cholesterol and trap fat. Soluble fiber in the flax seeds traps bile and maintains metabolism of the body.
- It reduces the effect of Gluten, which is a composition of stored protein with starch, often found in wheat, barley or rye. Gluten elevates the chances of catching diabetes and thyroid which has an adverse effect on pregnancy. Linseeds or Alasi (Flax seeds indian name) is a panacea for deficiencies caused by gluten.
- Flax seeds or Aali Vidhai have high content of lignans which in an antiviral and antibacterial agent. Regular consumption of linseeds can increase immunity and reduce the severity of cold and flus.
- Linseeds or Alasi improves digestion. Especially women suffering from indigestion of several food items during pregnancy can have linseeds in their diet plan.
- PCOD, if not treated well, may lead to ovarian cancer. In this scenario, flax seeds or Aali Vidhai (linseeds in tamil) are proven best to reduce the risk of ovarian or endometrial cancer. It also reduces the chances of breast cancer.
- Flax seeds or Alasi (flax seeds indian name) can reduce the complications of menopause. Flax seeds even regulates menstrual cycle and improves ovulation. This has been proven as a natural remedy to PCOD.
3. How to include Flax seeds in Daily Diet
- Linseeds or Aali Vidhai (linseeds in tamil) can be taken as smoothies over fresh and leafy salads or sprouts. It can be used as sprinklers.
- Flax seeds or Alasi (flax seeds indian name) can be taken with a glass of water, or with a bowl of yoghurt and a tablespoon of honey.
- Linseeds or Aali Vidhai ( Flaxseeds in tamil) can be baked also. According to a study, even after baking it for 3 hours on 300 degree F, the rich content of Omega 3 fatty acids remains stable.
- Soaked flax seeds or Alasi ( flax seeds indian name) are proven best for mineral absorption.
Flax seeds are highly effective in treating PCOD and other infertility issues. A healthy food with regular exercise and Flax seeds can do wonders.