Infertility Profiling Tests help you pin down the reason behind your infertility issue. Ovulation and fertility basics are a huge part of the whole process.
Infertility has become a common problem these days due to the increasing lifestyle problems. There is an estimate that suggests that 60 to 80 million of couples suffer from infertility problems, out of which 15 to 20 million of couples belong to India. The infertility problems in India is more serious because couples feel shy and do not usually seek medical advice for their infertility problems, which also severely affects their relationship and psychological health.
It is estimated that 1 out of 3 times infertility of a couple is due to the problem with woman’s fertility that causes infertility problems. Many couples might have more than one cause of infertility and to identify the issue you need to go through a number of tests to determine the underlying causes of infertility:
When should women get themselves checked for infertility?
Some couples observe that they have been missing the most fertile days of their cycle while trying to conceive. Women's most fertile days are during ovulation and 1 or 2 days before your ovulation period. Women who are trying to conceive should keep a track of menstrual cycle and must watch for the ovulation days.
1. Complete blood count (CBC): A CBC medical test gives the measure of red blood cells (RBCs), white blood cells (WBCs) and platelets in your blood to identify the health. CBC helps in diagnosing several conditions like infections, blood disorders, and anemia. In Vitro procedure is the procedure that is done via a surgical procedure to retrieve eggs and it’s important for the doctor to know if you’re anemic or have any other medical condition. It is one of the important Infertility Profiling Tests that need to be done.
2. Erythrocyte sedimentation rate (ESR): This is the rate at which your red blood cells RBC settle down. This rate is increased in case there is any kind of inflammation in the body. This test is done when an inflammatory condition is suspected. In testing infertility, ESR is done before going on with hysterosalpingogram (HSG), a procedure to judge the uterus and fallopian tubes condition.
3. Blood Sugar: Fasting and PP blood sugar levels might affect your chances of becoming pregnant or conceive. Hence, checking of blood sugar levels and insulin levels is very important in infertility testing. It is one of the important Infertility Profiling Tests that need to be done.
4. VDRL (syphilis testing): Syphilis directly does not affect fertility but untreated syphilis can affect both the mother and the fetus. Before planning the baby this test is important and included in infertility testing. It is one of the important Infertility Profiling Tests that need to be done.
5. Rubella IgG: Rubella identifies if you’re immune to Rubella virus. This test is not required to diagnose infertility but every woman should be immune to the rubella virus before planning to conceive. If a woman get the virus in the first 3 months of pregnancy, complications with the fetus can occur like body part dysfunction or defected body part.
7. Thyroid testing: Free T3, thyroid stimulating hormone (TSH) and Free T4 are thyroid hormones which if not found during the testing may indicate overactive or underactive thyroid gland. Thyroid dysfunction has the big impact on both ovulation fertility and pregnancy. It is one of the important Infertility Profiling Tests that need to be done.
What is ovulation and how do you check ovulation period and ovulation Symptoms are some of the questions we always find it hard to understand when we plan or avoid pregnancy
What is ovulation and how do you check ovulation period and signs of ovulation are some of the questions we always strive to understand when we plan or avoid pregnancy. Here is our guide for all your queries on ovulation, ovulation period or ovulation cycle and ovulation symptoms.
Discover and explore the meaning, signs, reasons, myths, natural home remedies and treatments to Nightfall problems.
About one third of infertility cases in the world are due to women ...
The topic of fertility is surrounded by a string of myths. Here is ...