Find the list of best surrogacy doctors in India who offers the best treatment with the highest success rate. The list has been categorized on the basis of doctors fame, experience, reviews, ratings, and cost. Dr. Mohit Saraogi from Saraogi Hospitals and IRIS IVF Centre and Dr. Kaberi Banerjee from Advanced Fertility Centre top the list of the best surrogacy doctors in India.
Infertility treatment includes IVF, IUI, ICSI, Surrogacy, TESA and many more treatments. Some myths about infertility treatments are that stress causes infertility, age affects fertility. The facts about infertility are that it affects both men and women equally and increased smoking and weight causes infertility.
Do you believe everything you read or hear about infertility? If yes, then you might end up believing something that may not be helpful or can even deter you from achieving your goal of becoming pregnant. Here are some common myths about infertility to help you clear the misconceptions that go around them. This article brings to you, the list of most common myths about infertility that you might already have or may come across. It will explain to you, why you should not be carried away with false beliefs thereby clearing all the doubts.
1. Male Infertility
It is usually heard that men do not have infertility problems, but it is not true at all. There are many men, who suffer from infertility problems, but usually women are considered as the reason for infertility and that not being able to get pregnant is solely their responsibility. With advancement in health sciences, it has been discovered that even men do have certain infertility issues when they do not produce sufficient good quality sperms or suffer from blockage. Therefore, men can be responsible for childlessness just as women.
2. Stress causes infertility
Another reason that is counted as a potential reason to cause infertility is stress. Stress does have adverse effect on both mental and physical health yet, there are no proven facts to establish its role in infertility. However, if you are infertile and undergoing fertility treatment then stress can become a reason for the failure of treatment.
3. You need to relax and you will have a baby soon
Did anyone tell you to relax as it helps in getting pregnant? That is definitely not true at least when you want to have a baby. If you find yourself unable to get pregnant even after a considerable time of trying, then it is essential to visit a gynecologist or even a fertility specialist to know about the possible causes behind the delay. There are many treatments that can help you in conceiving. IVF treatment, IUI treatment, and Surrogacy are some of the reliable ways to have a baby.
4. Female Infertility
A woman may suffer from infertility due to a number of reasons like tubal blockage, problems in uterine shape, fibroids, issues in endometrium, inferior egg quality or quantity and many others. It is however to be remembered that without prior testing and confirmed results, a woman should not be blamed for infertility. Factually, infertility affects woman and man equally. Hence, a woman cannot be always the reason behind the failure to get pregnant.
5. If you have a child, you need not worry about infertility
Infertility can strike during any phase of life and it can affect anyone. Even if you have one baby, you can be the patient of infertility. The problem can occur even after first delivery and termed as secondary infertility. Research says that over thirty percent of infertility takes place after the first delivery. Therefore, if a couple has already given birth, they can be still at risk of infertility.
6. Age affects fertility
Yes, it is required to have your own baby before you cross the right age that is in the twenties to thirties. However, it is true that even you are past that age you remain fertile. You might face complications because of your age, but you still cannot be considered infertile. Age need not be always a determining factor, a couple or either of the sexes can be infertile at any age.
7. Health can be the reason for infertility
Some people might not appear to be in their prime of health but they can still be fertile. Some can be underweight or even overweight yet, it might not be a serious concern always. If the person is not able to conceive, they should better visit a gynecologist to get a proper fertility evaluation.
8. Having sex increases the chance of getting pregnant
In any case, if you are infertile, having sex cannot become the ground to help you get pregnant. Sex cannot help you of you or your partner has some kind of infertility issue that requires medical attention and treatment. If this is the case when you feel you are not able to conceive then consulting, a gynecologist is a good decision.
9. Thyroid causes fertility issue
Indeed, thyroid is one of the barriers to conceive, but it cannot be said that thyroid causes infertility. If you are a thyroid patient and cannot conceive, it would be better to speak with your doctor as he or she can suggest you medication to bring it under control. Although thyroid can cause problem in falling pregnant, maintaining thyroid at the normal range helps to conceive.
10. Infertile couples are not happy
It is not true that infertile couples cannot be at peace or they cannot find reasons to be happy. With the developing technology in medical health sciences, there are highly sophisticated infertility treatments like IVF, IUI, and surrogacy that can give positive results hence becoming a means to allow infertile couples to have a normal happy parenthood.
11. I cannot be infertile
Anyone can experience infertility and it can happen during any given stage in life. It is good to be always prepared for such a situation so that you know that you know what would be the next step. No one can be determined to be fertile or infertile without proper check-ups.
12. I am young for infertility problem
You should know that a young age does not guarantee fertility. Infertility can be detected at any age and it has to be dealt with proper care. One must see their doctor if they see any sign of infertility, no matter how young they are.
14. I am fit
Staying fit is undoubtedly good, but infertility does not have to do solely with physical fitness. There can be many reasons for being infertile. For example, your fallopian tube might have a blockage without your knowledge. You may never know about such a condition without being properly checked up for it. Hence staying physically fit may not always apply in this case.
Facts about Infertility
- Infertility affects women and men equally.
- There are more than twenty-five percent of infertile couples, who have more than one factor that can relate to infertility.
- In about forty percent of infertile couples, the male partner is the main cause for infertility.
- Approximately ninety percent of infertile couples are treated with conventional medical therapies like surgery or medication.
- Men and women who smoke have more fertility issues. Up to thirteen percent of female infertility is caused by smoking.
- Weight is one of the biggest factors contributing to infertility. In about twelve percent of infertility cases, the female partner either weighs too much or too less.
I hope the points about infertility myths will clear your mind about infertility. If you have any infertility issue then there are many treatments for it like IVF, IUI or Surrogacy. For any infertility treatment or booking an appointment for the same, call on +918929020600
SOURCES AND REFERENCES:
- Male infertility - causes of infertility, male infertility tests infertility problems, Elawoman - 2017
- How to improve sperm count - foods to increase sperm count quality sperms, Elawoman - 2017
- Where do you get ivf treatment? who performs ivf procedure for infertile couples? IVF treatment, Elawoman - 2017
- Intrauterine insemination - iui success rate, iui success tips IUI treatment, Elawoman - 2017
- Fallopian tube blockage affect on pregnancy - diagnostic tests and symptoms reasons like tubal blockage, Elawoman - 2018
- Know about delivery procedures and best tips for normal delivery after pregnancy failure to get pregnant, Elawoman - 2017
- Know about gynecology and gynecologists? gynecological disorders treatments gynecologist, Elawoman - 2017
- Infertility profiling medical tests - check for causes of infertility infertility issue, Elawoman - 2017
- What does it mean by thyroid? how does thyroid affect pregnancy? thyroid causes infertility, Elawoman - 2017
- Surrogacy process: all you need to know surrogacy, Elawoman - 2017
Was this page helpful?
Leave a Comment
Thanks for your Comment.
It will go live post Approval.
The information displayed on this webpage covers general information on several medical conditions, fertility treatments, IVF ICSI, surrogacy procedure, home remedies, and their respective treatments. The exclusive purpose of the displayed information is for the sake of general understanding and it has been collected from open sources which heavily rely on research and laboratory tests. However, the information shared here should not be considered as a medical advice or an alternative to consultation with a registered medical practitioner or licensed healthcare professional.
It is not advised to self-diagnose or treat any medical condition or disease following the information given in this article. We insist you to consult a registered practitioner and never try to replace their advice or discontinue treatment in between by relying solely on the information obtained. External links to different websites as well as videos given on the website serve the purpose of sharing knowledge only. Ela being an Independent Medical Information platform is neither responsible nor guarantees the authenticity, reliability, and accuracy of these videos and websites in any way. We do not intend the information displayed here to be used for a medical emergency, if you seek medical attention for yourself (or any other person with whom you want to share the information with), we advise you to directly get in touch with the hospital or the doctor.