Find the list of best surrogacy doctors in India who offers the best treatment with the highest success rate. The list has been categorized on the basis of doctors fame, experience, reviews, ratings, and cost. Dr. Mohit Saraogi from Saraogi Hospitals and IRIS IVF Centre and Dr. Kaberi Banerjee from Advanced Fertility Centre top the list of the best surrogacy doctors in India.
Tubal ligation is procedure in which fallopian tubes in women is tied. This prevents occurrence of pregnancy. Types of tubal ligation includes incision and non-incision types. Tubal ligation advantages include lack of hormonal changes, lack of stress of unwanted pregnancy, and increased comfort at the time of sex.
You have added the last bundle of joy to your family and you hardly know all the birth control options that are available. Condoms, patches, rings, and pills, oh my! you don't want to look forward to these now! It’s all very overwhelming to try and decide on the most effective and customized birth control plan for yourself to prevent you from getting pregnant; however, you are sure about one thing: You want it to be permanent this time! This preference simply points to one option: Tubal Ligation. (1)
Tubal ligation, or “getting your tubes tied”, is a very common procedure that many women have done and they are 100% positive that they do not want any more children. Tubal ligation is a surgical procedure in which a woman’s fallopian tubes are blocked, tied, or cut. This may seem pretty obscene and dry, but there may be more to it than you think as this can prevent you from getting pregnant. (2)
What are the types of tubal ligation?
1- INCISION: It is a surgical method, in which fallopian tubes are cut and tied or sealed by using electric current. The surgery is done by using laparoscopy method.
2- NON-INCISION: It is the non-surgical method in which a small metal with fiber coils are inserted into the fallopian tubes through a vagina. Scar tissue is formed around the coils and block the fallopian tubes and prevents the egg to reach sperm that will prevent you from getting pregnant. (3)
What is the effectiveness tubal ligation?
It is 99% effective. (4)
How long is tubal ligation effective?
It is a permanent form of birth control. (5)
What are the advantages of tubal ligation?
- It lasts forever. Though there are other long-lasting forms of female birth control, such as implants (which last 3 years) and IUDs (which last 3 to 10 years), tubal sterilization is the only one that is permanent.
- You might forget to take a birth control pill, but once your tubes are tied, there's no chance of human error. It's one of the most effective forms of birth control available -- outside of not having sex.
- Traditional "tube tying" has low rates of accidental pregnancy
- It doesn't affect your hormones. Unlike birth control methods such as the pill and the shot, tubal ligation doesn't change the levels of estrogen and progesterone flowing through your body. You'll still get your period, and it won't affect your mood or sex drive
- It is safe, simple and convenient for the woman
- Couples can do sex without worrying about pregnancy
- It doesn’t change natural hormones (6)
What are the disadvantages of tubal ligation?
It lasts forever. For the same reason, so many women go for tubal ligation, it's a method you should consider only if you're 100% sure you don't want to get pregnant again. This is especially true for women under 30, who have the highest rate of post-surgery regret.
1- The couple can’t have the biological child in the future
2- It is not a temporary method
3- It is expensive (7)
What about the menstrual cycle after tubal ligation?
You will be able to ovulate and have a menses cycle every single month. After a tubal ligation, there is no use for ovulation or menstrual periods, but still, your menstrual cycle will keep working. You will still have a period after the procedure, and some women have even claimed that their periods are not only much heavier, but they can feel very obvious cramping during ovulation. (8)
To know about home remedies and natural ways to avoid pregnancy, please read our article on Avoid Pregnancy Naturally. In case you have gyne problems then explore our article on Best Gynecologists in Delhi NCR with Highest Ratings and Reviews.
SOURCES AND REFERENCES:
- ^ Birth Control Patch | Ortho Evra | Transdermal Patch Plannedparenthood.org, 13 June 2019
- ^ Tubal Ligation - Mayo Clinic Mayoclinic.org, 13 June 2019
- ^ Types of Tubal Ligations | NCCRM Nccrm.com, 13 June 2019
- ^ What is the Effectiveness of a Tubal Ligation Procedure | Planned Parenthood Plannedparenthood.org, 13 June 2019
- ^ Tubal Ligation | Johns Hopkins Medicine Hopkinsmedicine.org, 13 June 2019
- ^ Advantages of Tubal Ligation? - Womens Health Womens-health.co.uk, 13 June 2019
- ^ What Are the Disadvantages of Tubal Ligation? - Planned Parenthood Plannedparenthood.org, 13 June 2019
- ^ Menstrual Function After Tubal Sterilization - NCBI - NIH Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov, 13 June 2019
Was this page helpful?
Leave a Comment
Thanks for your Comment.
It will go live post Approval.
The information displayed on this webpage covers general information on several medical conditions, fertility treatments, IVF ICSI, surrogacy procedure, home remedies, and their respective treatments. The exclusive purpose of the displayed information is for the sake of general understanding and it has been collected from open sources which heavily rely on research and laboratory tests. However, the information shared here should not be considered as a medical advice or an alternative to consultation with a registered medical practitioner or licensed healthcare professional.
It is not advised to self-diagnose or treat any medical condition or disease following the information given in this article. We insist you to consult a registered practitioner and never try to replace their advice or discontinue treatment in between by relying solely on the information obtained. External links to different websites as well as videos given on the website serve the purpose of sharing knowledge only. Ela being an Independent Medical Information platform is neither responsible nor guarantees the authenticity, reliability, and accuracy of these videos and websites in any way. We do not intend the information displayed here to be used for a medical emergency, if you seek medical attention for yourself (or any other person with whom you want to share the information with), we advise you to directly get in touch with the hospital or the doctor.