Find the list of best surrogacy doctors in India who offers the best treatment with the highest success rate. The list has been categorized on the basis of doctors fame, experience, reviews, ratings, and cost. Dr. Mohit Saraogi from Saraogi Hospitals and IRIS IVF Centre and Dr. Kaberi Banerjee from Advanced Fertility Centre top the list of the best surrogacy doctors in India.
Benefits of Diaphragm contraceptive include no interruption in intercourse and easy to carry. Contraceptive methods have side effects which includes irritation from size of diaphragm and increased chances of STDs due to diaphragm spermicide. Birth control needs must be used with proper and timely precautions.
Diaphragm is a contraceptive or birth control method used to prevent pregnancy. Diaphragm contraceptive is a C-shaped shallow cup or a small saucer-like structure made of soft silicone, which you can bend half and put inside your vagina. It overlays your cervix and prevents the flow of sperm inside your vaginal cavity. Diaphragm meaning states a cup-like structure, which you can easily put inside your vagina. Diaphragm contraceptive is highly effective when used with spermicide. Spermicide is a gel or cream like a supplement, which kills sperms. Diaphragm meaning states that it acts as an obstacle to sperm and stops it from meeting an egg. This way diaphragm prevents pregnancy. (1) (2)
How effective are Diaphragms?
While talking about the effectiveness of Diaphragm, it is 94% effective. However, diaphragm contraceptive is not used properly by most of the users and so its effectiveness comes nearly around 88%. Diaphragm meaning with this effectiveness states that 12 out of 100 women get pregnant using this birth control method. This is so because they do not follow the instructions and do not use it properly. While choosing diaphragm as a birth control method, you should use it every time you go for vaginal or anal intercourse. Using diaphragm every time when you do sex, increases its effectiveness by up to 50%. To increase the effectiveness of diaphragm meaning- use it before having sex and if possible insert the diaphragm inside your vaginal cavity before you reach your orgasm. You can use diaphragm contraceptive with spermicide also to raise its effectiveness. (3)
Spermicide is kind of gel or cream which kills the sperm and prevent pregnancy. For best possible results, the diaphragm should be used with other birth control methods like withdrawal (where your partner can take out before ejaculation) or Condoms. Using a diaphragm with condoms will also protect you from sexually transmitted diseases (STDs). (4)
How to use a Diaphragm?
It is very easy to use diaphragm if you follow the instructions properly. You can ask your doctor or nurse to direct you or you can see the instructions behind the packaging as well. It takes time to get into the practice of easily putting diaphragm contraceptive inside the vaginal cavity. You need to follow the direction properly and it will get easier day-by-day for you every time when you try inserting it. (5) The procedure on how to use a diaphragm below-
- Wash your hands and sanitize them before picking up your diaphragm. Now, gently put one tablespoon of spermicide in the cup.
- When you have to put diaphragm inside your vaginal cavity, you need to stand with one foot on the chair or you can just sit along the edge of the chairs. You can even sit in a squat position to insert the diaphragm in. It is you to decide which position is most comfortable with you.
- Now, hold the rim of the diaphragm, fold it half and impel it far up and back into your vagina, putting the dome upside down. Make sure that the edge of diaphragm is stuck behind your pelvic bone and your cervix is all covered.
- Use of Diaphragm meaning - Putting it inside your vagina 2 hours before you want to have sexual intercourse. You should put the diaphragm inside your vagina along with spermicide. If the intercourse takes more than 2 hours to start, re-apply the spermicide, as it won’t work for any longer duration than 2 hours. (6)
You should leave the diaphragm in for at least 6 hours to get the most possible results. Do not leave it inside for more than 24 hours. If you want to have sex again, you can use it reapplying the spermicide with diaphragm.
You can gently take it out hooking the rim with your fingers and pulling it outwards.
How safe is the Diaphragm?
Diaphragm contraceptive is generally safe for most people. However, there are several cases in which using a diaphragm is not safe enough and can cause other health-related issues. (7)
- Do not use it if you have are not comfortable with putting your fingers inside your vagina.
- You should not use diaphragm if you have given birth 6 weeks before.
- Do not use this birth control method if you have sensitivity issues with silicon or spermicide. Consult a doctor before using it.
- Do not use diaphragm if your partner is suffering from AIDS.
- You should avoid using diaphragm if you went through an abortion within the first trimesters of your pregnancy.
Benefits of Diaphragm
- You can easily carry it anywhere along with you and can use it according to your wish. You don’t even have to reach a doctor or nurse for repeating the process with the diaphragm. (9)
- Diaphragm does not interrupt with sexual intercourse. Even your partner does not feel any discomfort and you can safely have sex preventing pregnancy. (8)
Side Effects of Diaphragm
- You have to ensure that diaphragm is inserted exactly 2 hours before sexual intercourse. Or else, the spermicide will not work and you have to reapply before having sex.
- You may feel trouble putting the diaphragm inside the vagina and pulling it outside the vagina, too. Leaving it for more than 24 hours can cause discomfort you. Moreover, the size of diaphragm can cause irritation and trouble.
- Spermicide used with diaphragm has several side effects. It can increase the risk of catching sexually transmitted diseases, especially if your partner is suffering from AIDS. It can also cause irritation in your vaginal cavity. (10)
Hope this article has been able to solve all your queries on diaphragm contraceptive and how to prevent pregnancy with diaphragms. Follow Ela Woman blog to get regular updates on fertility health and treatment.
Was this page helpful?
Leave a Comment
Thanks for your Comment.
It will go live post Approval.
The information displayed on this webpage covers general information on several medical conditions, fertility treatments, IVF ICSI, surrogacy procedure, home remedies, and their respective treatments. The exclusive purpose of the displayed information is for the sake of general understanding and it has been collected from open sources which heavily rely on research and laboratory tests. However, the information shared here should not be considered as a medical advice or an alternative to consultation with a registered medical practitioner or licensed healthcare professional.
It is not advised to self-diagnose or treat any medical condition or disease following the information given in this article. We insist you to consult a registered practitioner and never try to replace their advice or discontinue treatment in between by relying solely on the information obtained. External links to different websites as well as videos given on the website serve the purpose of sharing knowledge only. Ela being an Independent Medical Information platform is neither responsible nor guarantees the authenticity, reliability, and accuracy of these videos and websites in any way. We do not intend the information displayed here to be used for a medical emergency, if you seek medical attention for yourself (or any other person with whom you want to share the information with), we advise you to directly get in touch with the hospital or the doctor.