Find the list of best surrogacy doctors in India who offers the best treatment with the highest success rate. The list has been categorized on the basis of doctors fame, experience, reviews, ratings, and cost. Dr. Mohit Saraogi from Saraogi Hospitals and IRIS IVF Centre and Dr. Kaberi Banerjee from Advanced Fertility Centre top the list of the best surrogacy doctors in India.
Depo Provera Injection is an effective birth control method for couples who want to avoid occurrence of pregnancy. You need to take it upto 4 times in an year. You can combine depo provera injection with oral contraceptive pills for better results. Always consult your doctor before taking birth control shot.
1. An Introduction
- Depo Provera or often known as depo shots, depo, DMPA(depo medroxyprogesterone acetate) or simply birth control shot is an injection that is taken every 3 months in a year to prevent pregnancy.
- It is a treatment for women by which couples can plan birth control or can prevent pregnancy.
- Depo Provera are more effective birth control methods than any contraceptive pill.
- It is safe and convenient. If you don’t want to disclose your desire to prevent or control pregnancy with your partner, you can use this private birth control method and can plan for future.
2. Functions of Depo Provera
- Depo Provera is one of the most effective methods as the hormone present in it control ovulation. No ovulation leads to no pregnancy.
- First you need to visit the doctor who can inject the birth control shot in your upper arm. You will have to use a band-aid if it gives you any rashes.
- The hormone present inside Depo Provera thickens the cervical mucus inside the vaginal cavity which hinders the sperm to freely flow and meet the egg . Moreover, thickened mucus increase the acidic nature of vagina and sperm cannot survive in such nature, thus dying ultimately.
- Depo Provera also prevents the eggs form releasing from ovaries. If eggs are not present for sperm to meet, no fertilization can takes place. This widely helps in birth control.
3. Time Interval to take Depo Provera
- Depo Provera is one of the most effective birth control methods. It shows the best results if you regularly take these injection every 12-13 weeks i.e. every 3 months or 4 times in a year.
- First shot of Depo Provera must be taken within first 7 days after your period starts. This will give you a 95% assurance of preventing pregnancy.
- If you take Depo Provera at some other time in your cycle, its recommended to use other birth control methods like condoms or contraceptive pills for the first week after getting the shot.
- Depo Provera prevents pregnancy for 3 months. Hence, it is recommended to repeat the cycle every 3 month for better results of controlling pregnancy.
4. Missing Birth Control Shots
- If you have missed your shots, your doctor will advise you to take the pregnancy test, if you had undergone vaginal intercourse in the previous 5 days or 120 hours.
- If the shots are missed for 2-3 weeks, it quite possible that you may fall into your fertility zone and can attain pregnancy.
- You can use different reminders to keep a regular check of your Depo Provera shots. You can use weekly alarms or calendars which can remind you of your shot. You can even ask any family member to help you in keeping a record.
5. Risk Factors with Depo Provera
- No doubt, Depo Provera is one of the best birth control methods and it is 98% effective if taken every 3 months. However, it does not protects you from catching STDs (Sexually Transmitted Diseases). To prevent STDs, you should always prefer using a condom with these birth control shots.
- You can experience irregular or excessive bleedingfor 6 to 12 months. If such case, you must visit your doctor as soon as possible.
- You should not go for Depo Provera if you have or had breast cancer. It can adversely affect your health.
- You should not go for these birth control shots if you have fragile or thin bones.
Depo Provera are proven effective birth control methods. If taken regularly, they will give the best results and will help you plan your pregnancy in future.
SOURCES AND REFERENCES:
- Birth control shots - latest contraceptive injection method for women birth control, Elawoman - 2017
- Best birth control methods for teenagers - copper t insertion, transdermal patch Depo Provera, Elawoman - 2017
- Birth control pills - types and effectiveness of oral contraceptive pills contraceptive pills, Elawoman - 2017
- How to avoid pregnancy effectively? - top 6 methods to do it pregnancy, Elawoman - 2017
- Depo provera - ttc after depo provera TTC after Depo Provera, Elawoman - 2017
- Must know facts about birth control implants - nexplanon and implanon Birth Control Implants Nexplanon and Implanon know how, Elawoman - 2017
- Know all about the birth control method - birth control implant Must Know About Birth Control Implant, Elawoman - 2017
Was this page helpful?
Leave a Comment
Thanks for your Comment.
It will go live post Approval.
The information displayed on this webpage covers general information on several medical conditions, fertility treatments, IVF ICSI, surrogacy procedure, home remedies, and their respective treatments. The exclusive purpose of the displayed information is for the sake of general understanding and it has been collected from open sources which heavily rely on research and laboratory tests. However, the information shared here should not be considered as a medical advice or an alternative to consultation with a registered medical practitioner or licensed healthcare professional.
It is not advised to self-diagnose or treat any medical condition or disease following the information given in this article. We insist you to consult a registered practitioner and never try to replace their advice or discontinue treatment in between by relying solely on the information obtained. External links to different websites as well as videos given on the website serve the purpose of sharing knowledge only. Ela being an Independent Medical Information platform is neither responsible nor guarantees the authenticity, reliability, and accuracy of these videos and websites in any way. We do not intend the information displayed here to be used for a medical emergency, if you seek medical attention for yourself (or any other person with whom you want to share the information with), we advise you to directly get in touch with the hospital or the doctor.