Find the list of best surrogacy doctors in India who offers the best treatment with the highest success rate. The list has been categorized on the basis of doctors fame, experience, reviews, ratings, and cost. Dr. Mohit Saraogi from Saraogi Hospitals and IRIS IVF Centre and Dr. Kaberi Banerjee from Advanced Fertility Centre top the list of the best surrogacy doctors in India.
Birth Control Pills are available in different types. Some of the common contraceptive methods include Combination Pills, Conventional Pills, Extended Cycle Pills, and Multiphasic Pills. Breast control pills side effects are headache, nausea, tender breasts, and upset stomach, and increased weight.
A birth control pill is a word, which instantly strikes your mind when you realize you forgot to take precautions during a lovemaking session last night. Millions of women use birth control pills every month. At present, a wide range of contraceptive pills are available at the pharmacy stores and you should act wisely by choosing a birth control pill, which suits your body well. (1)
What Are Different Types Of Birth Control Pills?
Conventional pills are the most common type of contraceptive pills. This type of birth control pills comprises either 21 active pills and seven inactive pills or 24 active pills and four placebo pills. (4)
Point to note:-
You may experience bleeding similar to regular menstrual bleeding while taking inactive or placebo pills.
Extended Cycle Pills
If you crave for an extended cycle or lesser number of periods then extended cycle pill makes the best contraceptive pill for you. (5)
It alters your menstrual cycle and you get your periods 4 times a year.
Low Dose Pills
Low dose pills contain less than 50 mg of estrogen hormone in an active table. If you have a sensitivity to hormones then low dose pills can be a perfect pick for you. (6)
Monophasic birth control pills contain only one phase or level of hormones. These are specifically designed for one month cycle. (7)
Multiphasic pills are contraceptive pills with a variable amount of active ingredients. These birth control pills are used in one month cycle and regulate different levels of hormones during the cycle. (8)
Mini-Pills or progestin-only pills are recommended for women with medical exceptions or those with high sensitivity to estrogen. These contraceptive pills are readily available in one mixture and progestin is the only active component in these pills. Combination pills are relatively more effective in preventing pregnancy as compared to the Mini-Pills. (9)
Birth Control Pill Names
Although there is lots of variation in birth control pills, there are certain brand names in the category of combination pills and mini-pills, which are popular with good review ratings. (10)
Here is a list of some combination pills and mini-pills, which stand out in the league of contraceptive pills-
1. Combination Pill
We bring you a well-researched list of effective Combination Pill
- Estrostep Fe.
Some of the popular names of Mini-Pills are
Know Which Birth Control Pill Is Best For You
Not every type of contraceptive pills makes a good match for every woman. Before opting for easily available over the counter birth control pills, you should not forget to fix an appointment or consult your medical supervisor. (11)
The factors to be kept in mind before deciding a contraceptive pill includes-
- Your menstrual symptoms.
- Are you breastfeeding?
- Your cardiovascular health.
- Other chronic health conditions.
- Your current medication regimes.
Birth Control Pills And Side Effects
Generally, contraceptive pills do not show signs of ill effects on your health but some women may experience side effects within a few weeks or a month after they start taking birth control pills. Some of the prominent side effects of birth control pills include (12)-
- Breakthrough bleeding.
- Tender Breasts.
- Upset stomach.
Apart from that, the side effects of a progestin-only birth control pill may include-
- Ovarian cysts.
- Weight gain.
- Decreased libido.
Who are at Risks with Birth Control Pills?
For most of the women, oral contraceptive pills are often considered safe and do not include serious health issues. But before you start taking birth control pills, you are advised to consult a physician and discuss your medical history to determine which birth control pills you should avoid. (13)
Birth control pills if- may easily affect your health
- You are older than 35 years.
- You are a frequent smoker.
- You have a medical history of breast cancer.
- You have uncontrolled high blood pressure.
- You have a history of heart attacks or other heart-related problems.
Word Of Caution:-
- If you are a nursing mother then you must look for an alternative method of birth control until you stop breastfeeding.
- You should avoid birth control pills if or have a history of disorders like blood clotting and Diabetes for more than 10 years.
SOURCES AND REFERENCES:
- ^ Birth Control Pills | The Pill | Contraceptive Pills | Planned Parenthood Plannedparenthood.org, 03 July 2019
- ^ Birth Control Pills: Types, Effectiveness, and More - Healthline Healthline.com, 03 July 2019
- ^ Combination Birth Control Pills | Mayo Clinic Mayoclinic.org, 03 July 2019
- ^ What Is Conventional Medicine? - WebMD Webmd.com, 03 July 2019
- ^ How Do Extended-Cycle Hormonal Contraceptives Work? - WebMD Webmd.com, 03 July 2019
- ^ Low-Dose and Ultra-Low-Dose Birth Control Pills - WebMD Webmd.com, 03 July 2019
- ^ Monophasic Birth Control: Types, Benefits, and Side Effects | Medical News Today Medicalnewstoday.com, 03 July 2019
- ^ Types of Combination Birth Control Pills - Verywell Health Verywellhealth.com, 03 July 2019
- ^ Minipill - Mayo Clinic Mayoclinic.org, 03 July 2019
- ^ What Birth Control Pill Brands Are out There? - Healthline Healthline.com, 03 July 2019
- ^ Choosing a Birth Control Pill | Mayo Clinic Mayoclinic.org, 03 July 2019
- ^ Birth Control Pill: Side Effects, Risks, Alternatives, and the Shot | Medical News Today Medicalnewstoday.com, 03 July 2019
- ^ Are Birth Control Pills Safe and Are They Right For You? | Planned Parenthood Plannedparenthood.org, 03 July 2019
Was this page helpful?
Leave a Comment
Thanks for your Comment.
It will go live post Approval.
The information displayed on this webpage covers general information on several medical conditions, fertility treatments, IVF ICSI, surrogacy procedure, home remedies, and their respective treatments. The exclusive purpose of the displayed information is for the sake of general understanding and it has been collected from open sources which heavily rely on research and laboratory tests. However, the information shared here should not be considered as a medical advice or an alternative to consultation with a registered medical practitioner or licensed healthcare professional.
It is not advised to self-diagnose or treat any medical condition or disease following the information given in this article. We insist you to consult a registered practitioner and never try to replace their advice or discontinue treatment in between by relying solely on the information obtained. External links to different websites as well as videos given on the website serve the purpose of sharing knowledge only. Ela being an Independent Medical Information platform is neither responsible nor guarantees the authenticity, reliability, and accuracy of these videos and websites in any way. We do not intend the information displayed here to be used for a medical emergency, if you seek medical attention for yourself (or any other person with whom you want to share the information with), we advise you to directly get in touch with the hospital or the doctor.