Find the list of best surrogacy doctors in India who offers the best treatment with the highest success rate. The list has been categorized on the basis of doctors fame, experience, reviews, ratings, and cost. Dr. Mohit Saraogi from Saraogi Hospitals and IRIS IVF Centre and Dr. Kaberi Banerjee from Advanced Fertility Centre top the list of the best surrogacy doctors in India.
Nexplanon and Implanon are the birth control implants which are popular birth control methods to avoid pregnancy. Benefits of birth control implants are high effectiveness, reversible, and easy to carry. Birth control implants side effects are vaginal infection, change in weight, appetite, and menstrual cycle.
What is a Birth Control Implant?
Birth Control Implant is a very small birth control device which is inserted under the skin of the upper arm of a woman to control or regulate unwanted pregnancy. They are simultaneously famous as Nexplanon and Implanon although they are two of the leading brands of birth control implants. The shelf life of these implants are normally 4 years in maximum and they prove to be one of the hassle free ways to control pregnancy.
How does Birth Control Implant work?
Birth Control Implant releases an anti-pregnancy hormone named progestin and prevent fertilization. After it is implanted by a medical practioner, the effect of this device can be seen. The hormones released by birth control implant works in various ways
- Controls ovulation : Progestin hormones create a barrier for the eggs to leave ovaries and thus ovulation does not occur and so pregnancy
- Thickens cervical mucous : With the effect of progestin hormones, the cervical mucous get thicker and thicker in consistency which accordingly prevent sperm to enter into the fallopian tube. An unfertilized egg cannot lead to pregnancy and thus birth control implants help preventing pregnancy.
- Changes endometrium : The hormones in Nexplanon and Implanon prevents uterus lining or endometrium from getting thick. Normally during ovulation, the uterus lining thickens itself to help the embryo attach properly. Without a proper uterus lining due to these birth control implants, pregnancy does not occur.
Benefits of Birth Control Implants
- Highly effective : With birth control implants your chance of pregnancy becomes very low. Research on Nexplanon shows that is 99% safe and assured.
- Convenient to carry : Once the birth control implant is in, it is very comfortable to carry around until it is removed. You do not need to worry about unsafe sex and run to pharmacy with Nexplanon or Implanon implanted in you
- Contains only one hormone : Birth control implants have only one hormone- progestin which does not affect your health much. Other birth control methods have progestin along with estrogen. Many women face problems with estrogen as they have weird side effects on body sometimes.
- Reversible : Birth control implants are reversible. That means once you remove Nexplanon or Implanon, you do not need to wait for a long time to balance your body and get pregnant. You can try to conceive just after its removal.
Risks and Side effects of Birth Control Implants
- Birth Control Implants do not protect against HIV-AIDS and other sexually transmitted diseases
- Changes in menstrual cycle, and menstrual flow.
- Can cause muscle pains such as abdominal cramps, back ache etc.
- Numbness in breasts
- Appetite loss/growth
- Vaginal infection
- Liver disease
- Weight loss/gain
- Decrease in fluid retention
Nexplanon vs. Implanon- the best one
Although Implanon is the advanced version of Nexplanon, their manufacturer is replacing Implanon with Nexplanon as Nexplanon is considered safer than Implanon. Nexplanon comes with an x ray technique which allows the doctor to find the device during removal, which is not there in Implanon.
How to remove a Birth Control Implant?
Birth control implants can’t be or should not be removed at home without a proper medical attention. The removal procedure is similar like insertion. The doctor gives you a shot to numb the area and make minor cut in the inserted place to remove the implant. It is safe and easy.
Things to know before using Nexplanon and Implanon
Avoid using Nexplanon and Implanon if you experience-
- If you are already pregnant or have chances of pregnancy.
- When you have issues with blood circulation and blood clots.
- If you have liver or any other bowel syndrome.
- If you had breast cancer.
Hope we are able to solve your queries in regard to birth control implants. Follow Ela woman for regular updates on fertility health and treatments.
Leave a Comment
Thanks for your Comment.
It will go live post Approval.
The information displayed on this webpage covers general information on several medical conditions, fertility treatments, IVF ICSI, surrogacy procedure, home remedies, and their respective treatments. The exclusive purpose of the displayed information is for the sake of general understanding and it has been collected from open sources which heavily rely on research and laboratory tests. However, the information shared here should not be considered as a medical advice or an alternative to consultation with a registered medical practitioner or licensed healthcare professional.
It is not advised to self-diagnose or treat any medical condition or disease following the information given in this article. We insist you to consult a registered practitioner and never try to replace their advice or discontinue treatment in between by relying solely on the information obtained. External links to different websites as well as videos given on the website serve the purpose of sharing knowledge only. Ela being an Independent Medical Information platform is neither responsible nor guarantees the authenticity, reliability, and accuracy of these videos and websites in any way. We do not intend the information displayed here to be used for a medical emergency, if you seek medical attention for yourself (or any other person with whom you want to share the information with), we advise you to directly get in touch with the hospital or the doctor.