Find here the list of best IVF doctors in India on the basis of Ratings, Success Rate, Services offered, IVF cost packages and available Facilities. Dr. Nisha Bhatnagar, Dr. Kaberi Banerjee and Dr. Anjali A Deval top the list of such IVF doctors in India due to their unique pricing system, popularity and high success rate.
Best Oral Contraceptive Pills in India include Saheli, Unwanted 21 days, Yasmin, Centron, and Bandhan. Oral contraceptive pills advantages include safe and convenient, hormonal balance, and cures irregular periods. Side effects of birth control pills includes spotting, nausea, weight gain, sore breasts, and severe headaches.
In this huge Indian market, you can find several birth control methods to avoid pregnancy. Birth control methods such as condoms, implants, birth control shots, intrauterine devices, and contraceptive pills are widely used, but choosing the right method is much important. Based on research it has been found that the most effective one for women has always been an oral contraceptive pill as these pills are much safer and easier to take. (1)
Let’s Discuss in More Detail About Oral Contraceptive Pills in India:-
- What Is the Meaning of Oral Contraceptive Pills?
- How Do Oral Contraceptive Pills Work?
- What Are the Types of Contraceptive Pills?
- What Are the Advantages of Taking Oral Contraceptive Pills?
- Are Contraceptive Pills Harmful?
- What is the Best Oral Contraceptive Pills Brand for Me?
Oral Contraceptive pills, commonly known as birth control pills are types of medications to prevent unwanted pregnancy. These pills contain synthetically structured hormones, which prevent fertilization of the egg by inhibiting ovulation. The hormones in these contraceptive pills disrupt the natural hormones in the body and prevent the release of the egg, thus preventing pregnancy. (2)
A woman is pregnant when the egg is released from the ovary to be fertilized by the sperm. During the fertilization process follicle stimulating hormone (FSH) and luteinizing hormone (LH) is released which encourages the maturation of the egg. These birth control pills contain estrogen and progesterone or sometimes both, which prevent the excretion of luteinizing hormone (LH) and follicle stimulating hormone (FSH). The contraceptive pill works on three stages: (3)
- Firstly, it interferes with the ovulation cycle and releasing
- Next, the hormones disturb the lining of the uterus and prevent it from attaching to the uterus.
- Lastly, it stops producing cervical mucus, preventing the sperm from reaching the egg.
Oral contraceptive pills are categorized into three categories according to the type of hormones released.
- Monophasic pills have equal amounts of estrogen and progesterone and are normally taken through the entire cycle.
- Biphasic pills contain a balanced amount of estrogen and progesterone but the level of progesterone increases after 21 days.
- Triphasic pills release 3 different amounts of hormones, estrogen, and progesterone or only progesterone. The dosage of hormones gradually changes in every 7 days to improve effectiveness. (4)
Apart from avoiding pregnancy, these oral contraceptive pills have other benefits as well.
- Hormonal Balance- Oral contraceptive pills are one of the best methods of birth control. This method provides the best hormonal balance to prevent unwanted pregnancy.
- Safe and Convenient-These pills are available in almost all of the medical stores in India and can be easily consumed. They also clean the reproductive system and prevent any infection. Moreover, you can get pregnant anytime after a few days of stopping the intake. (5)
- Health Benefits-These contraceptive pills also help in some health problems. They are known to prevent acne, cyst, endometrial and bone thinning. Oral pills also prevent pre-menstrual syndromes and infections in fallopian tubes and ovarian cancer in some cases.
- Cures Irregular periods- Oral Contraceptive Pills help to maintain a consistent menstrual cycle by balancing the hormone levels.
Most of the time oral contraceptive pills are completely safe to use, however, there are certain times when these pills start to show some side effects.
- Spotting or light periods- You may also observe light period and spotting, which is normal when taking contraceptive pills.
- Nausea- Some women feel a bit of nausea after taking the pill. In this case, the doctor may prescribe you pills that are low in estrogen.
- Weight Gain- You may also start to gain weight within a few weeks of dosage. (6)
- Sore Breasts- During the initial days of taking these pills, you may start to have swollen and sore breasts.
- Serious side effects- Severe headaches, abdominal pain, and blurred vision are the extreme side effects of oral contraceptive pills. If you are experiencing any of the above side effects, you should visit the doctor immediately.
The market is filled with dozens of oral contraceptive brands but below we have suggested the best ones. Choosing the right brand is also important to get effective results.
Manufactured by HLL Lifecare Limited, these oral contraceptive pills are non-steroidal and do not have any negative effects. It contains 30 mg of ormeloxifene and is said to be free from steroids and hormones. These pills are recommended once a week for effective results. This birth control pill also has a presence of Centchroman, which stabilizes side effects such as vomiting, nausea and weight gain. (7)
- Dosage: Saheli can be taken 2 times a week for the first 3 months.
- Price: Rs. 250 for a pack of 80 pills
2. Unwanted 21 Days
Unwanted 21 Da is a product of Mankind Pharma, which is formulated with Levonorgestrel and Ethinyloestradiol hormones. It is completely safe and can also treat PCOS, hormone disturbances, and pimples. (8)
- Dosage: The pills should be taken once a day from the 1st day of the menstrual cycle until the 21st day. 2 tablets can be taken together in case you missed the previous day.
- Price: Rs. 60 for 21 pills/pack
This oral contraceptive pill contains Drospirenone and Ethinyl Estradiol. It helps to balance the estrogen levels and prevents the release of the egg from the ovary. Ovarian cysts and periods uneven cycles are also treated with these pills. (9)
- Dosage: Consult your doctor before usage. Book FREE appointment for gynecologist by clicking here.
- Price: Rs. 434 for 21 pills pack
Manufactured and marketed by Torrent Pharma LTD., Centron is a selective combination of estrogen receptors that help to avoid pregnancy. It is a non-hormonal, non-steroidal Contraceptive pill with minimum or no side effects. Ormeloxifene being an active ingredient, the pill is also claimed to treat uterine bleeding dysfunction.
- Dosage: Take 1 a week. Consult a medical professional before taking.
- Price: Rs. 40 for a pack of 10 tablets
This contraceptive pill is the most effective. Levonorgestrel and Ethinyl Estradiol are the active ingredients present in the pill. Estrogen and progestin hormones are also present to restore the hormone levels and prevent the inhibition of egg to the uterus. It is a product of German Remedies Limited and contains .15 MG of Levonorgestrel and .03 MG of Ethinyl Estradiol. (10)
- Dosage: You should consult a gynecologist before taking the pill as women suffering from diabetes; migraine, non-diagnosed vaginal bleeding hypertension and mental illness should not take it.
- Price: Rs. 21 for a pack of 10 tablets
The five oral contraceptive pills listed above are all available in most of the medical pharmacies in India. The hardest part is choosing the right pill as some may cause serious side effects. You should always consult a doctor before taking any of these pills.
SOURCES AND REFERENCES:
- ^ The Pill - Combined Oral Contraceptive Pill Familyplanning.org.nz, 03 May 2019
- ^ Oral contraceptive pill En.wikipedia.org, 03 May 2019
- ^ Oral Contraceptive Pills Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov, 03 May 2019
- ^ Oral Contraceptives - Jamanetwork Jamanetwork.com, 03 May 2019
- ^ Global Oral Contraceptive Pills Market Dynamics Automobileposts.com, 03 May 2019
- ^ Global Contraceptive Drugs and Devices Market to 2024 Globenewswire.com, 03 May 2019
- ^ Saheli - the Only Non Hormonal Birth Control Pill Lovematters.in, 03 May 2019
- ^ How Can You Prevent a Future Unwanted Pregnancy Womenonweb.org, 03 May 2019
- ^ Combined Pill Yasmin - HealthExpress Healthexpress.co.uk, 03 May 2019
- ^ Know your birth control pill Timesofindia.indiatimes.com, 03 May 2019
Was this page helpful?
Leave a Comment
Thanks for your Comment.
It will go live post Approval.
The information displayed on this webpage covers general information on several medical conditions, fertility treatments, IVF ICSI procedure, home remedies, and their respective treatments. The exclusive purpose of the displayed information is for the sake of general understanding and it has been collected from open sources which heavily rely on research and laboratory tests. However, the information shared here should not be considered as a medical advice or an alternative to consultation with a registered medical practitioner or licensed healthcare professional.
It is not advised to self-diagnose or treat any medical condition or disease following the information given in this article. We insist you to consult a registered practitioner and never try to replace their advice or discontinue treatment in between by relying solely on the information obtained. External links to different websites as well as videos given on the website serve the purpose of sharing knowledge only. Ela being an Independent Medical Information platform is neither responsible nor guarantees the authenticity, reliability, and accuracy of these videos and websites in any way. We do not intend the information displayed here to be used for a medical emergency, if you seek medical attention for yourself (or any other person with whom you want to share the information with), we advise you to directly get in touch with the hospital or the doctor.