Not all birth control methods are hormonal in nature, instead, some birth control methods are classified as hormonal and some are non-hormonal in nature. Contraception or birth control generally prevent pregnancy by interfering with your ovulation days or most fertile days. Below are some of the methods listed that are used to avoid pregnancy:
1.PATCH: Patch is a 4cm x 4cm thin, beige color patch that you can wear on your body or generally it sticks on the skin, usually on arm, abdomen, back or waistline. The patch sticks to a woman's skin and keeps releasing the hormones like estrogen and progestin that prevents pregnancy and works as contraception into the bloodstream. Patch is 92% effective.
2. PILLS:Pills are taken via mouth daily to prevent pregnancy, as there are cycles made on the pills that are segmented: hormonal and non-hormonal pills. One thing you all should know that the contraceptive pill does not protect against sexually transmitted diseases, including HIV. The effectiveness of contraceptive pills is 92%. You can rely on the birth control pills orcontraceptive pills.
3. RING: Ring is a flexible, small vaginal ring that is used to prevent pregnancy. You have to put in the ring for 3 weeks, then take it out firmly. Then you have to wait for a week long to put a new one in a week later. The ring is just as effective as the pill when used as directed by a physician, and you don't have to get into the cumbersome process of taking it every day. Ring's effectiveness is 92%.
4. IUD Copper T: IUD Copper is a type of contraceptive intrauterine device, long-acting reversible contraception that can prevent you from getting pregnant for years and can be reversed once you want to get pregnant again and IUD is one of the most effective forms of birth control you can use. You need to know that, don't insert it itself, for using IUD Copper you have to visit a medical practitioner who will insert it and can be used for many years depending on the brand. IUD Copper effectiveness is 99%.
5. FEMALE CONDOM: A pouch type female condom is inserted into woman’s vagina during intercourse to prevent pregnancy and this can be done by women herself. Female condom does reduce the risk of sexually transmitted infection. The female condom can simply be used for vaginal and anal intercourse. Female condom effectiveness is 79%. This method is better than the oral contraceptive pills.
6. CONDOM: It is the most known as a condom and a barrier which is rolled down on to a man’s penis before sex and once erected. It is a barrier to stop sperm and infection passing between two sexual partners. A condom can be used for vaginal and anal intercourse. Condom's effectiveness is 85%.
7. SPERMICIDES: Spermicide contains chemicals that stop the sperm from moving in and get a woman pregnant and are available in different forms like creams, film, foams and gels. You can use spermicide alone, or spermicide can be used with other birth control methods like a sponge to make them more effective in preventing pregnancy. Spermicide is effective 71%.
8. TUBAL LIGATION: Tubal ligation is a surgical procedure for sterilization in which procedure a woman's fallopian tubes are clamped and blocked or severed and sealed generally called tubes tied. Tubal Ligation effectiveness is 99.5%. This method is better than the oral contraceptive pills.
9. SHOT: Shot is a type of small injection shot that a doctor gives you in the arm or buttocks. Each shot you get works for up to 12 to 14 weeks, but don't forget to get the shot once every 12 weeks to get its full protection to get protected against unwanted pregnancy. The shot is made of a hormone similar to progesterone. Shot effectiveness is 97%. It is better than the birth control pills.
10. WITHDRAWAL: Withdrawl or pull-out method, is a method in which a man, during sexual intercourse immediately withdraws his penis from a woman's vagina prior he orgasm inside (and ejaculation), and then dump out his ejaculate (semen) away from the vagina. Withdrawl effectiveness is 73%. This method is better than the oral contraceptive pills.
11. SPONGE: The sponge is a squishy porous foam object which is inserted into the vagina with spermicide before 3 hours of intercourse. Sponge contains spermicide to stop the sperm from getting inside as it comes in contact with the sponge. Sponge effectiveness is 75%. It is better than the birth control pills.
12. IMPLANT: An implant the size of a cardboard matchstick is inserted or implanted underneath the skin of the upper arm. This birth control implant method will help protect against pregnancy for up to 3 years. Its effectiveness is more than 99%. It is better than the birth control pills.
13. DIAPHRAGM: Diaphragm is a thin silicone dome-shaped with a springy and flexible rim inserted into the vagina that fits over the cervix and is held in place by vaginal muscles. A diaphragm holds spermicide in place. Spermicide in the diaphragm kills sperm, preventing fertilization and work against pregnancy. Diaphragm effectiveness is 84%.
14. CERVICAL CAP: The cervical cap is a soft, thimble-shaped cup made out of silicone or latex fabrics. It fits exactly over the cervix (where the uterus opens into the vagina). It's designed to block sperm from reaching the woman's egg. Cervical cap effectiveness is 75%.
To know more about prevents from getting pregnant then you can use Birth Control Sponge then please read our article on. If you are looking for emergency contraception then IUD is the best way for emergency birth control.
The pregnancy rate for failed Copper-T lies between 1 to 3 percent. Gynecologists can surgically remove the copper T using ultrasound so that it does not impact the ongoing pregnancy. In complicated situations, pregnancy has to be terminated for the removal of copper T.
I-pill, Unwanted 72, Preventol, Clr-72, No- will pill and Preventol are the best Emergency Contraceptive Pills in India. Emergency Contraceptive Pills are pills to prevent pregnancy after an unprotected sexual intercourse and most of them need to be consumed within 72 hours of unprotected session for high efficacy.
Lighter or missed period, abdominal cramp, nausea, breast tenderness and Fatigue are the early signs and symptoms of being pregnant even when on birth control. Based on research only 0.1% women get pregnant while being on birth control with no missed days. However, the most common sign of pregnancy in women, who are on birth control, is irregular or light periods. This is often confused with implantation bleeding or spotting in early pregnancy.
Based on customer reviews and feedback the five best condom brands in India are Durex, Skore, Manforce, Moods and Kohinoor. Durex Condoms because of its varied choices and high trust, controls 63 percent of the market share into Condoms in India.
Understand the reasons behind missed periods while on birth control pills and understand how much delay in periods is normal. Also explore your queries regarding Birth control pills like i pill and understand after taking i pill when period will come, through this article.
In this article, you will learn about the i-pill, the side effects of i-pill, and why i-pill is used apart from being a birth control option. You will also get the information about the risks and precautions involved in taking i-pill. We are here to respond to all your doubts through this write up.
In this article, you will read about the male birth control vaselgel and how it is related to male birth control. Along with the details, you will also learn about the important facts related to vaselgel. We are here to respond to all your doubts through this write up.
In this article, you will learn what birth control sponge is, how sponges are use and how it is a one of the essential contraceptives for women. Moreover, we bring the additional risks and side effects vaginal sponge in this article.
In this article, you will learn about the signs of ovulation and ovulation symptoms. Along with symptoms of ovulation, this write up has also covered how to prevent pregnancy naturally with certain methods. You will also get the information about the fertility awareness. We are here to respond to all your doubts through this article.
Condoms are the best contraception and better than oral contracepti...