Condoms are the very first contraception and are very necessary to prevent pregnancy as well as the STDs. Condoms are the most popular and used a form of contraception to prevent pregnancy since they are inexpensive and easy to use. Condoms do have a 98% success rate of preventing pregnancy if used properly at the time of intercourse. Due to lack of knowledge people do end up making a lot of mistakes while using them though. And this could lead to unwanted pregnancies as well as STDs. Here are some of the most common mistakes listed people make while using condoms:
1. Tearing the Condom Packet Wrong: Some people rip off the condom packet by using their teeth instead of fingers. Tearing this way may cause tears or breakages in the condom which will lead to the wrong use of condom and might reduce the effectiveness of the condom.
2. Completely unrolling the condom: Completely unrolling the condom is the common mistake that is completely unrolling the condom before putting it while erection which makes condom loose and ineffective. Condoms are one of the best birth control methods and better than the oral contraceptive pills or birth control pills.
3. Putting it on the wrong side: Sometimes it happens that people accidentally roll down the condom on the wrong way and after realizing their mistake they again roll it back the right way and use the same condom. Doing this way is dangerous because some of the pre-ejaculate liquid might accidentally get on the outer surface of the condom which can cause unwanted pregnancies.
4. Using the Wrong Lubricant: A very important thing that you need to keep in mind before using condoms is, you need to use compatible lubricants with condoms that do not damage the condoms. For example, if you’re using latex condoms you should never use oil-based lubricants like hand lotion, cold cream or petroleum jelly that can cause damage to latex condoms. Try using water-based ones like glycerine or lubricating jellies which will not damage condoms and can be purchased from the drug store.
5. Not Squeezing out the Air: All men using condoms should know that before putting on a condom you need to gently squeeze out the little air bubble in it. Failure to squeeze out air bubbles can result in the condom breaking or burst. Condoms are one of the best birth control methods and better than the oral contraceptive pills or birth control pills.
6. Not Leaving Space: This condom problem occurs when guys put a condom on without leaving some space at the tip for semen collection which results in breakages or burst. Condoms are one of the best birth control methods and better than theoral contraceptive pills or birth control pills.
7. Taking it off before you’re done: Some condom users tend to take it off before they’re done with the intercourse which renders the contraception useless. Condoms are one of the best birth control methods and better than the oral contraceptive pills or birth control pills.
8. Taking it off too late: While others tend to leave the condom on even after they lose an erection which can directly result in the sperm seeping out of the condom. It’s important to immediately remove and dispose of the condom after use and do not flush. Condoms are one of the best birth control methods and better than the oral contraceptive pills or birth control pills.
9. Buying condoms past their expiry date:It's important to know that condoms too have an expiry date. It’s important to check the condom packet before you start using them because they tend to lose their elasticity and effectiveness.
10. Not storing them properly: Men sometimes store condoms in their pockets which can damage its texture and degrade the latex. Condoms are one of the best birth control methods and better than the oral contraceptive pills or birth control pills.
Understand the reasons behind missed periods while on birth control pills and understand how much delay in periods is normal. Also explore your queries regarding Birth control pills like i pill and understand after taking i pill when period will come, through this article.
In this article, you will learn about the i-pill, the side effects of i-pill, and why i-pill is used apart from being a birth control option. You will also get the information about the risks and precautions involved in taking i-pill. We are here to respond to all your doubts through this write up.
Condoms are the best contraception and better than oral contracepti...
Birth Control methods arehormonal and non hormonal in nature. Oral ...