Birth Control Implant is a very thin matchstick looking device implanted on the arm which helps her to control unwanted pregnancy. They are also known as Nexplanon and Implanon, an advanced version of Nexplanon. In this article, we bring you all the general and technical information on Birth Control Implants and why they are considered to be the most effective birth control methods around the globe.
What is a Birth Control Implant?
Birth Control Implant is a very small birth control device which is inserted under the skin of the upper arm of a woman to control or regulate unwanted pregnancy. They are simultaneously famous as Nexplanon and Implanon although they are two of the leading brands of birth control implants. The shelf life of these implants are normally 4 years in maximum and they prove to be one of the hassle free ways to control pregnancy.
How does Birth Control Implant work?
Birth Control Implant releases an anti-pregnancy hormone named progestin and prevent fertilization. After it is implanted by a medical practioner, the effect of this device can be seen. The hormones released by birth control implant works in various ways
1. Controls ovulation : Progestin hormones create a barrier for the eggs to leave ovaries and thus ovulation does not occur and so pregnancy
2. Thickens cervical mucous : With the effect of progestin hormones, the cervical mucous get thicker and thicker in consistency which accordingly prevent sperm to enter into the fallopian tube. An unfertilized egg cannot lead to pregnancy and thus birth control implants help preventing pregnancy.
3. Changes endometrium : The hormones in Nexplanon and Implanon prevents uterus lining or endometrium from getting thick. Normally during ovulation, the uterus lining thickens itself to help the embryo attach properly. Without a proper uterus lining due to these birth control implants, pregnancy does not occur.
Benefits of Birth Control Implants
1. Highly effective : With birth control implants your chance of pregnancy becomes very low. Research on Nexplanon shows that is 99% safe and assured.
2. Convenient to carry : Once the birth control implant is in, it is very comfortable to carry around until it is removed. You do not need to worry about unsafe sex and run to pharmacy with Nexplanon or Implanon implanted in you
3. Contains only one hormone : Birth control implants have only one hormone- progestin which does not affect your health much. Other birth control methods have progestin along with estrogen. Many women face problems with estrogen as they have weird side effects on body sometimes.
4. Reversible : Birth control implants are reversible. That means once you remove Nexplanon or Implanon, you do not need to wait for a long time to balance your body and get pregnant. You can try to conceive just after its removal.
Risks and Side effects of Birth Control Implants
a- Birth Control Implants do not protect against HIV-AIDS and other sexually transmitted diseases
b- Changes in menstrual cycle, and menstrual flow.
c- Can cause muscle pains such as abdominal cramps, back ache etc.
d- Numbness in breasts
e- Appetite loss/growth
g- Vaginal infection
h- Liver disease
i- Weight loss/gain
j- Decrease in fluid retention
Nexplanon vs. Implanon- the best one
Although Implanon is the advanced version of Nexplanon, their manufacturer is replacing Implanon with Nexplanon as Nexplanon is considered safer than Implanon. Nexplanon comes with an x ray technique which allows the doctor to find the device during removal, which is not there in Implanon.
How to remove a Birth Control Implant?
Birth control implants can’t be or should not be removed at home without a proper medical attention. The removal procedure is similar like insertion. The doctor gives you a shot to numb the area and make minor cut in the inserted place to remove the implant. It is safe and easy.
Things to know before using Nexplanon and Implanon
Avoid using Nexplanon and Implanon if you experience-
1- If you are already pregnant or have chances of pregnancy.
2- When you have issues with blood circulation and blood clots.
3- If you have liver or any other bowel syndrome.
4- If you had breast cancer.
Hope we are able to solve your queries in regard to birth control implants. Follow Ela woman for regular updates on fertility health and treatments.
Male condoms are the easiest way of contraception. Tear the condoms wrapper and look out for condoms rim. Roll it over the erect penis carefully and pinch the top tip of the condom once you have worn it. You can use the lube if required. After ejaculation, dispose of the used condom properly.
The pregnancy rate for failed Copper - T lies between 1 to 3 percent. Gynecologists can surgically remove the copper T using ultrasound so that it does not impact the ongoing pregnancy. In complicated situations, pregnancy has to be terminated for the removal of copper T.
I-pill, Unwanted 72, Preventol, Clr-72, No- will pill and Preventol are the best Emergency Contraceptive Pills in India. Emergency Contraceptive Pills are pills to prevent pregnancy after an unprotected sexual intercourse and most of them need to be consumed within 72 hours of unprotected session for high efficacy.
Lighter or missed period, abdominal cramp, nausea, breast tenderness and Fatigue are the early signs and symptoms of being pregnant even when on birth control. Based on research only 0.1% women get pregnant while being on birth control with no missed days. However, the most common sign of pregnancy in women, who are on birth control, is irregular or light periods. This is often confused with implantation bleeding or spotting in early pregnancy.
Based on customer reviews and feedback the five best condom brands in India are Durex, Skore, Manforce, Moods and Kohinoor. Durex Condoms because of its varied choices and high trust, controls 63 percent of the market share into Condoms in India.
Worried about Unwanted pregnancy? Get all the necessary details on Oral Contraceptive pills and know the best contraceptive pill brands available in India. Yasmin and Unwanted 21 days tops the list of brands for Best Oral Contraceptive Pills in India.
Understand the reasons behind missed periods while on birth control pills and understand how much delay in periods is normal. Also explore your queries regarding Birth control pills like i pill and understand after taking i pill when period will come, through this article.
In this article, you will learn about the i-pill, the side effects of i-pill, and why i-pill is used apart from being a birth control option. You will also get the information about the risks and precautions involved in taking i-pill. We are here to respond to all your doubts through this write up.
In this article, you will read about the male birth control vasel gel and how it is related to male birth control. Along with the details, you will also learn about the important facts related to vasel gel. We are here to respond to all your doubts through this write up.
In this article, you will learn what birth control sponge is, how sponges are use and how it is a one of the essential contraceptives for women. Moreover, we bring the additional risks and side effects vaginal sponge in this article.
In this article, you will learn about the signs of ovulation and ovulation symptoms. Along with symptoms of ovulation, this write up has also covered how to prevent pregnancy naturally with certain methods. You will also get the information about the fertility awareness. We are here to respond to all your doubts through this article.