If you are 10 weeks pregnant then it the perfect time for you to shop and store! Learn these symptoms when you are 10 weeks pregnant along with a checklist of how to manage yourself at week 10 pregnancies.
Its week 10 pregnancy and now you need to be more careful with your health, hygiene and routine checkups. You must be shopping and your family will also be sharing clothes and toys for the future kid. It's natural that you will be feeling excited and happy, especially if it's your first child.
Baby Size At Week 10 Pregnancy
If you are 10 weeks pregnant, your baby will be sized as a strawberry. It will be almost 1.2 inches long, putting a weight of 3.9 grams or 0.14 ounce. Your baby size will be double in the second week of pregnancy. Week 10 pregnancy indicates that you are 2 months and 1 week pregnant.
Week 10 Pregnancy Symptoms
With the onset of week 10 pregnancy, you will be having some symptoms. Know these so that you may not get scared when you have them.
- Breast Growth- With week 10 pregnancy, you will be feeling your breasts growing larger than before. It is so because you are now tending towards breastfeeding and so your mammary glands turn active when you are 10 weeks pregnant. Try wearing loose fitting clothes and comfortable inner wears. You should not feel itchy with your outfit in week 10 pregnancy.
- Morning Sickness- A number of women who are 10 weeks pregnant have nausea and vomiting with morning sickness as a common symptom. This is mainly because of the hormonal imbalance during the first trimester.
You can use acupressure wristbands to control nausea and vomiting. Don’t be worried it will go off, as you will enter your third or fourth month of pregnancy.
- Ligament Pain- This is also one of the week 10 pregnancy symptoms. You might feel stretching like pain in your abdominal area, which is quite normal. Your abdomen is making space to hold the growing baby inside you. Some of the women may even not feel it. Its likely to be more, if you are going to have twins. However, keep consulting your doctor while feeling such sensation. As you are 10 weeks pregnant, you should be very careful with your complications, even if they are little ones.
- Mood Swings- Its very obvious with week 10 pregnancy to have mood swings. You feel be feeling pain, cramps, and nausea and vomiting and sometimes it can irritate you a lot. Be calmer and relax yourself. Though you are week 10 pregnant and stress can also sway your mood. Try having some desserts and chocolates that can work as stress busters and manage your mood swings.
- Fatigue/Weakness- Week 10 pregnancy is very crucial stage. As our body is working really hard to grow the baby inside, you will be feeling acute weakness and fatigue. Sometimes, disrupted sleep or insomnia can also be the reason for this.
You need to follow a proper diet and must take at least 8 hours of uninterrupted sleep so that your body can relax and gains proper energy for the growth of the baby.
- Visible Veins- The visible blue veins is a good sign during week 10 pregnancy. It shows that your body is carrying blood to your child. Don’t be scared when you see that blue crisscross running all through your arms and legs.
- Increased Vaginal Discharge- A clear, colorless, odorless discharge called leukorrhea may come out of your vaginal cavity. It is basically because of the increased level of estrogen. It is normal in week 10 pregnancies but if it comes out with color or odor and causing discomfort, consult your doctor immediately.
Week 10 Pregnancy To-do-list
- Check your weight. During week 10 pregnancy you must gain some weight as you are carrying some extra ounces inside you.
So you should keep checking your weight when you are 10 weeks pregnant.
- You must go for regular ultrasound and scans as in week 10 pregnancy, it is the high time to check whether your baby has any abnormality caused by chromosomes.
- There are some tests and scans like NT scan (Nuchal Translucency Screening), NIPT (Non-Invasive Prenatal Test), CVS (Chorionic Villus sampling), which are necessarily done to test abnormalities.
- Some blood tests need to be done. Your doctor might test your cervix also to check any kind of genital infection as well.
- Follow a proper diet and do not do vigorous exercise. Try doing Yoga and Meditation. It will maintain your peace of mind and will give you energy, too.
It a happy time now and you will be feeling baby swallowing and tingling in your abdominal area. Do shop and stock but be very careful with your health and hygiene. Have A Happy and Healthy Pregnancy!
Hope this article has been able to resolve your queries on symptoms and what to expect when you are 10 weeks pregnant. Follow Elawoman blog to get regular updates on fertility health and treatments.